Anti-Inflamatory Eating

Playswithpixels

Snacks for me are a little bit of an issue, I am addicted to popcorn with butter and parmesean cheese.....but I have been trying to be good and last night I had a kiwi, 2 slices of cantaloupe and a glass of milk ( I know Dr. Perricone says milk is not good, but I can't give up my milk :) I am also eating yogurt w/ flax and pumpkin seeds for a snack too. I have been keeping track of calories and had around 2,100 cal. yesterday, still need about 500 more, but I did gain a pound and weighed 129 after my workout at the gym yesterday. If I think of any more snack ideas I'll post them.

Energygal- Thanks for the reply, I guess since I still have my original lungs I don't have to worry :)

Andrea 32 w/CF dx: 8 mos.

Playswithpixels

Snacks for me are a little bit of an issue, I am addicted to popcorn with butter and parmesean cheese.....but I have been trying to be good and last night I had a kiwi, 2 slices of cantaloupe and a glass of milk ( I know Dr. Perricone says milk is not good, but I can't give up my milk :) I am also eating yogurt w/ flax and pumpkin seeds for a snack too. I have been keeping track of calories and had around 2,100 cal. yesterday, still need about 500 more, but I did gain a pound and weighed 129 after my workout at the gym yesterday. If I think of any more snack ideas I'll post them.

Energygal- Thanks for the reply, I guess since I still have my original lungs I don't have to worry :)

Playswithpixels

Playswithpixels

Playswithpixels

CFersCousin

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Playswithpixels</b></i>

Snacks for me are a little bit of an issue, I am addicted to popcorn with butter and parmesean cheese.</end quote></div>

Yummy! I <i>love</i> that too. I had someone tell me once that it smelled like sweaty socks...didn't deter me a bit, haha.

CFersCousin

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Playswithpixels</b></i>

Snacks for me are a little bit of an issue, I am addicted to popcorn with butter and parmesean cheese.</end quote></div>

Yummy! I <i>love</i> that too. I had someone tell me once that it smelled like sweaty socks...didn't deter me a bit, haha.

CFersCousin

CFersCousin

Snacks for me are a little bit of an issue, I am addicted to popcorn with butter and parmesean cheese.</end quote>

CFersCousin

Snacks for me are a little bit of an issue, I am addicted to popcorn with butter and parmesean cheese.</end quote>

EnergyGal

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.bestdietforme.com/FadDietReviews/Perricone.htm
">http://www.bestdietforme.com/F...s/Perricone.htm
</a>

I found this on Perricone on the web.

His diet sounds wonderful and I follow this plan for the most part. I no longer consume soy products.

EnergyGal

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.bestdietforme.com/FadDietReviews/Perricone.htm
</a>

His diet sounds wonderful and I follow this plan for the most part. I no longer consume soy products.

EnergyGal

</a>

EnergyGal

</a>

EnergyGal

</a>

Foody

We follow the basic anit-inflammatory ideas which I got mainly from Omega 3 Diet book. What I tried to do for our son was create quick smoothies and drinks packed with extra protein and nutrients like ground almonds (blanched/sliced) and flax seeds (if not an issue for you). I also add hemp seed protein or egg white protein at times. Coconut milk is a great healthy high fat item to stick in things...I cook rice in it and you can sweeten it with agave or honey add cinnamon and raisiens to make it a little like rice pudding. We eat fish (cold water fish to avoid mercury if concerned like salmon).

Add ground almonds and flax seeds to you oatmeal with a little coconut oil, bananas, cinnamon, and more nuts if you like. You can add pureed white beans to alot of things to add protein and calories without changing the taste... I also get extra raw chicken tenders to cook when I am going to make these for dinner. A way to add calories and nutrients is to dip in flour mix of choice, than egg mixture (add a sweet potato and carrot puree for more veggies), than dip in souped up bread crumb mixture (bread crumbs, ground nut, ground flax) and fried in olive oil or coconut oil slightly. You leave the extra ones a little raw so when you cook them from the freezer on 425 they will stay crisp but juicy inside. We pull these out all the time for quick lunches and snacks.

Sneaky Chef by Missy Lapine is geared toward kids but I have found her ideas an inspiration for CF calorie packing ideas too. Apply a few of her ideas to the anit-inflam stuff and it is a good combo for CFers. She has a chocolate chip cookie that won't mess with your blood sugar.

I couldn't agree more with Risa about food being very personal...

Foody

We follow the basic anit-inflammatory ideas which I got mainly from Omega 3 Diet book. What I tried to do for our son was create quick smoothies and drinks packed with extra protein and nutrients like ground almonds (blanched/sliced) and flax seeds (if not an issue for you). I also add hemp seed protein or egg white protein at times. Coconut milk is a great healthy high fat item to stick in things...I cook rice in it and you can sweeten it with agave or honey add cinnamon and raisiens to make it a little like rice pudding. We eat fish (cold water fish to avoid mercury if concerned like salmon).

Add ground almonds and flax seeds to you oatmeal with a little coconut oil, bananas, cinnamon, and more nuts if you like. You can add pureed white beans to alot of things to add protein and calories without changing the taste... I also get extra raw chicken tenders to cook when I am going to make these for dinner. A way to add calories and nutrients is to dip in flour mix of choice, than egg mixture (add a sweet potato and carrot puree for more veggies), than dip in souped up bread crumb mixture (bread crumbs, ground nut, ground flax) and fried in olive oil or coconut oil slightly. You leave the extra ones a little raw so when you cook them from the freezer on 425 they will stay crisp but juicy inside. We pull these out all the time for quick lunches and snacks.

Sneaky Chef by Missy Lapine is geared toward kids but I have found her ideas an inspiration for CF calorie packing ideas too. Apply a few of her ideas to the anit-inflam stuff and it is a good combo for CFers. She has a chocolate chip cookie that won't mess with your blood sugar.

Foody

Foody

Foody