antibiotics in infants

purplemartin

My 10 month old son seems to constantly be on antibiotics! As a matter of fact, we just had a port placed as the "big guns" have already been pulled out a few times. Other than that, he is constantly on Omnicef or amox. We were told by our ped. and CF staff that as soon as we notice our sons "normal" cough increasing and sounding worse to call immediately for an appointment so the we can take action, which in most cases is always antibiotics either in the hospital or home--- I agree with Amy, avoiding the lung damage as much possible is more of my concern, so we treat with antibiotics as necessary!

purplemartin

My 10 month old son seems to constantly be on antibiotics! As a matter of fact, we just had a port placed as the "big guns" have already been pulled out a few times. Other than that, he is constantly on Omnicef or amox. We were told by our ped. and CF staff that as soon as we notice our sons "normal" cough increasing and sounding worse to call immediately for an appointment so the we can take action, which in most cases is always antibiotics either in the hospital or home--- I agree with Amy, avoiding the lung damage as much possible is more of my concern, so we treat with antibiotics as necessary!