Anxiety

Bauer

Hey guys,

I've been on Prednisone now for nearly 3 years for ABPA. I find that it is very helpful in controlling my symptoms and makes breathing much easier. However, recently I have started suffering from severe anxiety and panic attacks. My Doc told me this is directly related to the pred (I am currently on 20mg/day). Has anyone experienced these types of symptoms? What did you do to combat the anxiety? My Doc prescribed 1mg Ativan, but I am very hesitant to take them unless absolutely necessary.

Any advice/input would be much appreciated.

Bauer

Hey guys,

I've been on Prednisone now for nearly 3 years for ABPA. I find that it is very helpful in controlling my symptoms and makes breathing much easier. However, recently I have started suffering from severe anxiety and panic attacks. My Doc told me this is directly related to the pred (I am currently on 20mg/day). Has anyone experienced these types of symptoms? What did you do to combat the anxiety? My Doc prescribed 1mg Ativan, but I am very hesitant to take them unless absolutely necessary.

Any advice/input would be much appreciated.

Bauer

Hey guys,
<br />
<br />I've been on Prednisone now for nearly 3 years for ABPA. I find that it is very helpful in controlling my symptoms and makes breathing much easier. However, recently I have started suffering from severe anxiety and panic attacks. My Doc told me this is directly related to the pred (I am currently on 20mg/day). Has anyone experienced these types of symptoms? What did you do to combat the anxiety? My Doc prescribed 1mg Ativan, but I am very hesitant to take them unless absolutely necessary.
<br />
<br />Any advice/input would be much appreciated.

tesorotiffa

I have been on Prednisone for years, but I've only been on a max of 10 mg/day. I've never had negative experiences (maybe a little moodiness...which I blame on the prednisone!) on it, but I hope you are able to get some good advice on here!

tesorotiffa

I have been on Prednisone for years, but I've only been on a max of 10 mg/day. I've never had negative experiences (maybe a little moodiness...which I blame on the prednisone!) on it, but I hope you are able to get some good advice on here!

tesorotiffa

Bauer

Interesting. I too was on a dose of between 5mg-10mg for the longest time. Now that my dose has increased these symptoms have gotten a lot worse. Thanks for sharing.

Bauer

Interesting. I too was on a dose of between 5mg-10mg for the longest time. Now that my dose has increased these symptoms have gotten a lot worse. Thanks for sharing.

Bauer

W

welshwitch

I sadly don't have any advice but I went on prednisone for a week last year and I completely freaked out! It definitely helped my breathing (it was for sinus issues) but I must say that drug increases anxiety big time!

W

welshwitch

I sadly don't have any advice but I went on prednisone for a week last year and I completely freaked out! It definitely helped my breathing (it was for sinus issues) but I must say that drug increases anxiety big time!

W

welshwitch

Havoc

I had a horrible experience with steroids when I had ABPA. Have you spoken to your doc about Xoliar?

Havoc

I had a horrible experience with steroids when I had ABPA. Have you spoken to your doc about Xoliar?

Havoc

Bauer

No, I've never even heard of it. It's been three years of trying to tapper off and then boosting up the dose of pred as soon as my ABPA symptoms reappear. I just started taking sporax as well, but its hard to determine if the drug is doing anything because I also increased my dose of pred at the same time. What is Xoliar? I'm assuming it really helped your ABPA?

Bauer

No, I've never even heard of it. It's been three years of trying to tapper off and then boosting up the dose of pred as soon as my ABPA symptoms reappear. I just started taking sporax as well, but its hard to determine if the drug is doing anything because I also increased my dose of pred at the same time. What is Xoliar? I'm assuming it really helped your ABPA?

Bauer

K

kgfrompa

For me every time I was put on Prednisone I had panic attacks to the point that I told the Doctors I cant take the side affects. The experience was horrible and so they know I am not going for prednisone.

K

kgfrompa

For me every time I was put on Prednisone I had panic attacks to the point that I told the Doctors I cant take the side affects. The experience was horrible and so they know I am not going for prednisone.