Any good books?

M

Mommafirst

I am looking to compile a list of good books to read about families dealing with CF, being a sibling to a CFer, growing up with CF, and parenting a child with CF. I would also like to include any books that are more generic and just talk about these things as they relate to fatal or life shortening chronic illnesses. I'm ready to start reading, and it seems like our local library doesn't have a gosh darn thing in this area. So before I go spend a fortune on Amazon, I'd love to get some suggestions from all of you.

If you could respond with any books you've felt were helpful and a little review of why, I'll compile the list and keep it on my blog for anyone who wants access to it.

M

Mommafirst

I am looking to compile a list of good books to read about families dealing with CF, being a sibling to a CFer, growing up with CF, and parenting a child with CF. I would also like to include any books that are more generic and just talk about these things as they relate to fatal or life shortening chronic illnesses. I'm ready to start reading, and it seems like our local library doesn't have a gosh darn thing in this area. So before I go spend a fortune on Amazon, I'd love to get some suggestions from all of you.

If you could respond with any books you've felt were helpful and a little review of why, I'll compile the list and keep it on my blog for anyone who wants access to it.

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst

thefrogprincess

Breathing for a Living by Laura Rothenberg. Its a compolation of letters, emails, and Laura's journal entries starting with waiting to tx through the surgery and up to her chronic rejection. You can also do a search for cystic fibrosis on amazon.com and get a pretty decent list of books.

thefrogprincess

Breathing for a Living by Laura Rothenberg. Its a compolation of letters, emails, and Laura's journal entries starting with waiting to tx through the surgery and up to her chronic rejection. You can also do a search for cystic fibrosis on amazon.com and get a pretty decent list of books.

thefrogprincess

thefrogprincess

thefrogprincess

thefrogprincess

Emily65Roses

Breathing for a Living is a really good one. That's one of my favorites.

Another one, while it's older, is Give Me One Wish by Jacquie Gordon. She wrote it about her daughter who was born in 1961 and died in 1982.

Emily65Roses

Another one, while it's older, is Give Me One Wish by Jacquie Gordon. She wrote it about her daughter who was born in 1961 and died in 1982.

Emily65Roses

Emily65Roses

Emily65Roses

Emily65Roses

kayleesgrandma

If you google up Amazon, you can get used books for cheaper--I have and they are ok. I loved" Give Me One Wish" . Also "The Story of Lo" is a must read! 'The Story of Alex" is old, but a special book that was made into a movie. It shows haw far we've come in treatment.

kayleesgrandma

If you google up Amazon, you can get used books for cheaper--I have and they are ok. I loved" Give Me One Wish" . Also "The Story of Lo" is a must read! 'The Story of Alex" is old, but a special book that was made into a movie. It shows haw far we've come in treatment.