Any ideas about vomiting?

schmj4910

Hi! Thanks for writing! Yes, our GI nurse kept saying it was a virus, too, and that it would pass. Well, it hasn't passed. We're on the highest dose of Lansoprazole for his body size and the swallow study said he didn't have reflux. The GI nurse said giving the barium through the mouth would not have shown anything else. So, I'm now thinking enlarged tonsils. Every time he eats he gags. I made an appointment with an Ear, Nose, and Throat doctor that specializes in CF, but they couldn't get him in until July 8. I guess no one considers daily vomiting serious! I've resorted to feeding him soft foods and g-tube feedings for now. I'm going to see if anyone on here knows about enlarged tonsils.
<br />
<br />I'm glad you've got your problem solved! Thanks for the suggestions!

schmj4910

We're going to call his pediatrician to have her look at his tonsils sooner.  Then if there is a problem we'll head to the ENT in July.

schmj4910

We're going to call his pediatrician to have her look at his tonsils sooner. Then if there is a problem we'll head to the ENT in July.

schmj4910

We're going to call his pediatrician to have her look at his tonsils sooner. Then if there is a problem we'll head to the ENT in July.

schmj4910

So we were able to get into the pediatrician today. She looked at his tonsils and said they didn't look bad. She did order another "barium swallow study". This time the barium will go down his throat.

schmj4910

So we were able to get into the pediatrician today. She looked at his tonsils and said they didn't look bad. She did order another "barium swallow study". This time the barium will go down his throat.

schmj4910

M

mom2mason

My 3 month old doesn't tolerate Prevacid well. As soon as he began taking it he stared vomiting once a day, but not everyday, soon after a feeding or even during a feeding.  We have to wait at least an hour after taking it before he eats to make sure his tummy is empty. <br><br>Hope you figure out what is causing his vomiting. Good Luck!<br>

M

mom2mason

My 3 month old doesn't tolerate Prevacid well. As soon as he began taking it he stared vomiting once a day, but not everyday, soon after a feeding or even during a feeding. We have to wait at least an hour after taking it before he eats to make sure his tummy is empty. <br><br>Hope you figure out what is causing his vomiting. Good Luck!<br>

M

mom2mason

My 3 month old doesn't tolerate Prevacid well. As soon as he began taking it he stared vomiting once a day, but not everyday, soon after a feeding or even during a feeding. We have to wait at least an hour after taking it before he eats to make sure his tummy is empty. <br><br>Hope you figure out what is causing his vomiting. Good Luck!<br>