Any IN nursing moms here?

tara

Have fun! I never had any problems nursing the twins in public. I can't even imagine being told to stop or to leave. I bet I would have gotten some stares if I tandem nursed them in public though! I always did one at a time in public because it was easier for me and it never mattered if I was eating in a restaurant or at a basketball game or a pumpkin patch! I think it's ridiculous that some people can be so rude and ask a woman to stop breastfeeding. Ugh.

tara

Have fun! I never had any problems nursing the twins in public. I can't even imagine being told to stop or to leave. I bet I would have gotten some stares if I tandem nursed them in public though! I always did one at a time in public because it was easier for me and it never mattered if I was eating in a restaurant or at a basketball game or a pumpkin patch! I think it's ridiculous that some people can be so rude and ask a woman to stop breastfeeding. Ugh.

tara

tara

tara

mom2lillian

I am pretty close to south bend but we are pretty busy today--otherwise I just might!

So ridiculous. I do find it odd that she had the statue in her purse but once you explain about LLL cards that makes sense.

I have never had a problem. I normally cover up because DH is a bit worried about being in public but past month or so I have been getting away from covering up--it is so easy to be discreet and unless osmeone is looking for boob they wont see it. My daughter HATES beign covered so there is greater potential for a scene when I do cover now as she is constantly pulling blanket down!

mom2lillian

I am pretty close to south bend but we are pretty busy today--otherwise I just might!

So ridiculous. I do find it odd that she had the statue in her purse but once you explain about LLL cards that makes sense.

I have never had a problem. I normally cover up because DH is a bit worried about being in public but past month or so I have been getting away from covering up--it is so easy to be discreet and unless osmeone is looking for boob they wont see it. My daughter HATES beign covered so there is greater potential for a scene when I do cover now as she is constantly pulling blanket down!

mom2lillian

mom2lillian

mom2lillian

K

Keepercjr

I never covered up with Logan. My SIL on the other hand always covers up even when its just us family around. Either way all I care about is that a baby is getting breastmilk though in my perfect world nobody would feel the need to cover up since nursing would be the standard default decision. I don't find it odd that she had the statute at all. I've heard so many stories of women being told to cover up or stop (not locally though) that I am considering keeping a copy of CA's law when my next baby arrives. That lady is a member of LLL so she probably did it as a self protective measure hoping to never need to use it.

Anyway I've been following her story and think it sucks and will probably never go to Applebees again due to the way the parent company has handled the situation (who in their right mind would ever want to use some nasty applebees blanket to cover up). Not to mention all their food is previously prepared off site, frozen and then trucked into the restaurant.

K

Keepercjr

I never covered up with Logan. My SIL on the other hand always covers up even when its just us family around. Either way all I care about is that a baby is getting breastmilk though in my perfect world nobody would feel the need to cover up since nursing would be the standard default decision. I don't find it odd that she had the statute at all. I've heard so many stories of women being told to cover up or stop (not locally though) that I am considering keeping a copy of CA's law when my next baby arrives. That lady is a member of LLL so she probably did it as a self protective measure hoping to never need to use it.

Anyway I've been following her story and think it sucks and will probably never go to Applebees again due to the way the parent company has handled the situation (who in their right mind would ever want to use some nasty applebees blanket to cover up). Not to mention all their food is previously prepared off site, frozen and then trucked into the restaurant.

K

Keepercjr

K

Keepercjr

K

Keepercjr