Any IN nursing moms here?

LouLou

I don't think it's strange that she had the card. I have been given 3 by medical personnel. Once in prenatal class, once at the hospital by a lac consult. and then by my ped. I decided to memorize it instead and come up with a choice comment to say to anyone that has an issue. So far it's been no problem. I don't ever cover my son's head. If I am in a nice restaurant I try to keep my breast tissue covered but otherwise I let it all hang out.

I was on campus (UPenn) the other day, met my hub for starbucks and then decided to nurse Isaac on the quad on a bench. the students couldn't have cared less. the adults peaked and one professor shook his head and had a look on his face as if he was going to vomit. How could people really have that much of an issue with it? Weird.

LouLou

I don't think it's strange that she had the card. I have been given 3 by medical personnel. Once in prenatal class, once at the hospital by a lac consult. and then by my ped. I decided to memorize it instead and come up with a choice comment to say to anyone that has an issue. So far it's been no problem. I don't ever cover my son's head. If I am in a nice restaurant I try to keep my breast tissue covered but otherwise I let it all hang out.

I was on campus (UPenn) the other day, met my hub for starbucks and then decided to nurse Isaac on the quad on a bench. the students couldn't have cared less. the adults peaked and one professor shook his head and had a look on his face as if he was going to vomit. How could people really have that much of an issue with it? Weird.

LouLou

LouLou

LouLou

wanderlost

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>LouLou</b></i>

I was on campus (UPenn) the other day, met my hub for starbucks and then decided to nurse Isaac on the quad on a bench. the students couldn't have cared less. the adults peaked and one professor shook his head and had a look on his face as if he was going to vomit. How could people really have that much of an issue with it? Weird.</end quote></div>

Good for you Lauren!

It is weird. Breasts are for breastfeeding. But since our culture has sexualized the almighty breast so much it makes a natural act seem obscene or something that should be hidden.

I don't want my breasts hanging out in public, nor do any of the moms I know - and unless you are watching me nurse the baby very very closely it's pretty unlikely you'd see much anyway - but I refuse to cover up or go in a bathroom or the car or whatever - I think doing so just send the message that there is something wrong or to be hidden with feeding your baby the way nature (GOD) intended.

Anyway, soapbox. getting off now.

wanderlost

I was on campus (UPenn) the other day, met my hub for starbucks and then decided to nurse Isaac on the quad on a bench. the students couldn't have cared less. the adults peaked and one professor shook his head and had a look on his face as if he was going to vomit. How could people really have that much of an issue with it? Weird.</end quote></div>

Good for you Lauren!

It is weird. Breasts are for breastfeeding. But since our culture has sexualized the almighty breast so much it makes a natural act seem obscene or something that should be hidden.

I don't want my breasts hanging out in public, nor do any of the moms I know - and unless you are watching me nurse the baby very very closely it's pretty unlikely you'd see much anyway - but I refuse to cover up or go in a bathroom or the car or whatever - I think doing so just send the message that there is something wrong or to be hidden with feeding your baby the way nature (GOD) intended.

wanderlost

Good for you Lauren!

wanderlost

I was on campus (UPenn) the other day, met my hub for starbucks and then decided to nurse Isaac on the quad on a bench. the students couldn't have cared less. the adults peaked and one professor shook his head and had a look on his face as if he was going to vomit. How could people really have that much of an issue with it? Weird.</end quote>

Good for you Lauren!

wanderlost

I was on campus (UPenn) the other day, met my hub for starbucks and then decided to nurse Isaac on the quad on a bench. the students couldn't have cared less. the adults peaked and one professor shook his head and had a look on his face as if he was going to vomit. How could people really have that much of an issue with it? Weird.</end quote>

Good for you Lauren!

Foody

Support to all "lactivists"!! If I were still nursing our son I'd participate. Our culture has a long way to go to return back to natural birth and parenting. We were talking about this at our LLL meeting last night. No one has had any negative experiences in our group. There is a point that the baby won't allow a blanket and what is the big deal really. You can be discrete with your shirt but there is always the chance of unexpected exposure. One time I thought I was covered and here it was hangin out as he slept peacefully in my arms! I was quite embarrassed and certainly wasn't my style to be public about it at all. Oh well...just one of the many times my kids have embarressed me in public!! More to come I'm sure.

Great to see change happening though, really.

Foody

Support to all "lactivists"!! If I were still nursing our son I'd participate. Our culture has a long way to go to return back to natural birth and parenting. We were talking about this at our LLL meeting last night. No one has had any negative experiences in our group. There is a point that the baby won't allow a blanket and what is the big deal really. You can be discrete with your shirt but there is always the chance of unexpected exposure. One time I thought I was covered and here it was hangin out as he slept peacefully in my arms! I was quite embarrassed and certainly wasn't my style to be public about it at all. Oh well...just one of the many times my kids have embarressed me in public!! More to come I'm sure.

Foody

Foody

Foody

RUSSELLCREW

GOOD LUCK!!

I was actually told while nursing my daughter (the second one) in Kmart with a blanket that I either had to stop nursing her or leave the store. I was pissed!! I basically told the dude that he could either walk away and mind his own business or hear her scream her head off, it was his choice.

He went to get a manager and I told her the same thing. How can people be so friggen rude!! I mean good grief a bottle is more natural??

Sorry about the rant!!!

RUSSELLCREW

GOOD LUCK!!

I was actually told while nursing my daughter (the second one) in Kmart with a blanket that I either had to stop nursing her or leave the store. I was pissed!! I basically told the dude that he could either walk away and mind his own business or hear her scream her head off, it was his choice.

He went to get a manager and I told her the same thing. How can people be so friggen rude!! I mean good grief a bottle is more natural??

Sorry about the rant!!!

RUSSELLCREW

GOOD LUCK!!

Sorry about the rant!!!

RUSSELLCREW

GOOD LUCK!!

Sorry about the rant!!!

RUSSELLCREW

GOOD LUCK!!

Sorry about the rant!!!