anybody have the gene R117H?

Momtana

Jada, I just want to let you know that I have been thinking of you and that I love this picture of you and Zoe.

M

marcijo

Hi Jada-
I have DF508 and R117H also-although I am not sure what my modifier gene is (5t, 7t, or 9t). I was diagnosed at age 20 (12, almost 13 years ago!). Growing up I had nasal polyps at age 12, and had them taken out when I got my tonils out. I guess they didn't think of CF at that time!
I have no digestive issues so far and (knock on wood) have had a fairly normal life! My lung function is at about 85%....I get lung infections a few times per year but its nothing that Keflex can't cure!
Good luck with everything-I am sure this was quite a shock to your whole family!

M

marcijo

Hi Jada-
I have DF508 and R117H also-although I am not sure what my modifier gene is (5t, 7t, or 9t). I was diagnosed at age 20 (12, almost 13 years ago!). Growing up I had nasal polyps at age 12, and had them taken out when I got my tonils out. I guess they didn't think of CF at that time!
I have no digestive issues so far and (knock on wood) have had a fairly normal life! My lung function is at about 85%....I get lung infections a few times per year but its nothing that Keflex can't cure!
Good luck with everything-I am sure this was quite a shock to your whole family!

M

marcijo

Hi Jada-