Anybody try a dairy-free, gluten-free, sugar free diet?

Tisha

How important do you feel that it is to go sugar-free? I eat very little sugar (once or twice a day I have one small sweet item, no more than a tablespoon in size), and only 1-2 teaspoons of honey a day. Very rarely I have an actual dessert (maximum once a week, more likely every other week). Is that something that could be a problem?

Tisha

How important do you feel that it is to go sugar-free? I eat very little sugar (once or twice a day I have one small sweet item, no more than a tablespoon in size), and only 1-2 teaspoons of honey a day. Very rarely I have an actual dessert (maximum once a week, more likely every other week). Is that something that could be a problem?

tesorotiffa

Tisha-- I try to keep my diet sugar free, but I eat a protein bar here or there that has sugars in it. I doubt you are causing yourself harm with the amount you are stating you eat. :).

I found this thread very interesting. I am pretty much dairy free (I eat a string cheese daily and sometimes a greek yogurt), but that's about it. I'm also 90% sugar free. I've heard so much about gluten-free. What exactly is it? I guess the easiest thing to do is just google it though! LOL

tesorotiffa

Tisha-- I try to keep my diet sugar free, but I eat a protein bar here or there that has sugars in it. I doubt you are causing yourself harm with the amount you are stating you eat. :).

I found this thread very interesting. I am pretty much dairy free (I eat a string cheese daily and sometimes a greek yogurt), but that's about it. I'm also 90% sugar free. I've heard so much about gluten-free. What exactly is it? I guess the easiest thing to do is just google it though! LOL

Havoc

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Tisha</b></i> We should all create a web or blog of some sort entitled "dietary fixes for CF" or something like that, sharing our experiences openly! After 5 days gluten-free, my FEV1 increased 2 percentage points (I realize that's anecdotally small but at least encouraging). I'm excited about going on! I've been told Dr. Seignalet's book is a must, but I'm a bit tight on budget to buy a lot of books. Thanks for the links, I'll be checking on them!</end quote>

It's not really a fix for CF, it's a fix for your lactose intolerance or gluten intolerance. I can eat the things a lot of you mentioned with no problems at all.

Havoc

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Tisha</b></i> We should all create a web or blog of some sort entitled "dietary fixes for CF" or something like that, sharing our experiences openly! After 5 days gluten-free, my FEV1 increased 2 percentage points (I realize that's anecdotally small but at least encouraging). I'm excited about going on! I've been told Dr. Seignalet's book is a must, but I'm a bit tight on budget to buy a lot of books. Thanks for the links, I'll be checking on them!</end quote>

It's not really a fix for CF, it's a fix for your lactose intolerance or gluten intolerance. I can eat the things a lot of you mentioned with no problems at all.

Shine

I went on a gluten free diet for about 7 months and found it left me with less energy & I became quite light headed at times.
Though I have found that lessening bread has helped with my GI issues.
sugar definitely causes a fungal overload in my mucus and can cause my lungs to become irritated & make me cough if I have had too much sugar over a course of a week. So am trying to lower the intake each week.

Shine

I went on a gluten free diet for about 7 months and found it left me with less energy & I became quite light headed at times.
Though I have found that lessening bread has helped with my GI issues.
sugar definitely causes a fungal overload in my mucus and can cause my lungs to become irritated & make me cough if I have had too much sugar over a course of a week. So am trying to lower the intake each week.