Anyone done a great strides cf walk?

CaliSally

I just did my FIRST walk this year (this past weekend). And after my experience, I will keep doing it. It was very open ended - meaning - you do what you want. Before, during and after the walk you have the opportunity to meet others.

See if you can get a bunch of people to team with you, then they can do the walking if you can't. If you can walk, don't worry about finishing - just do what you can.

At the end of ours there was food and entertainment which gave everyone the chance to mingle. My husband and I had fun...though we didn't meet anyone this year, maybe next. (everyone was involved in their own groups).

A suggestion - if you are sensitive to the heat, pick a walk/location which falls early in the year, before it starts getting warm. It was nearly 90* at our walk.

CaliSally

I just did my FIRST walk this year (this past weekend). And after my experience, I will keep doing it. It was very open ended - meaning - you do what you want. Before, during and after the walk you have the opportunity to meet others.

See if you can get a bunch of people to team with you, then they can do the walking if you can't. If you can walk, don't worry about finishing - just do what you can.

At the end of ours there was food and entertainment which gave everyone the chance to mingle. My husband and I had fun...though we didn't meet anyone this year, maybe next. (everyone was involved in their own groups).

A suggestion - if you are sensitive to the heat, pick a walk/location which falls early in the year, before it starts getting warm. It was nearly 90* at our walk.

CaliSally

CaliSally

CaliSally

<br />
<br />See if you can get a bunch of people to team with you, then they can do the walking if you can't. If you can walk, don't worry about finishing - just do what you can.
<br />
<br />At the end of ours there was food and entertainment which gave everyone the chance to mingle. My husband and I had fun...though we didn't meet anyone this year, maybe next. (everyone was involved in their own groups).
<br />
<br />A suggestion - if you are sensitive to the heat, pick a walk/location which falls early in the year, before it starts getting warm. It was nearly 90* at our walk.

Nicole

This will be our second year doing the walk in Sacramento. The walk is around the state capitol park, it's really very pretty. I don't remember how many times around it was but if you don't do the whole thing it's not a big deal. They have food and other entertainment as well. Maybe we'll see you there!

Nicole

This will be our second year doing the walk in Sacramento. The walk is around the state capitol park, it's really very pretty. I don't remember how many times around it was but if you don't do the whole thing it's not a big deal. They have food and other entertainment as well. Maybe we'll see you there!

Nicole

Nicole

Nicole

NIUcfer

I've been attending the Walk in Chicago since I can remember. Here, it's 6 miles along the lake, so it's usually really nice! They're a lot of fun, lots of food, and entertainment.
Last year was the first year I got a team together-usually it's just my entire family that comes, but I invited more of my friends and it was my boyfriend's first walk. We put a team together, raised over $1,000, and made team shirts. Of course when we got there, it was 40 degrees and freezing, so no one could see our shirts because we were all bundled up, but it was still fun!
This year it's on May 18th for Chicago and I am planning on going and I've collected about $650 so far, I'm excited!

NIUcfer

I've been attending the Walk in Chicago since I can remember. Here, it's 6 miles along the lake, so it's usually really nice! They're a lot of fun, lots of food, and entertainment.
Last year was the first year I got a team together-usually it's just my entire family that comes, but I invited more of my friends and it was my boyfriend's first walk. We put a team together, raised over $1,000, and made team shirts. Of course when we got there, it was 40 degrees and freezing, so no one could see our shirts because we were all bundled up, but it was still fun!
This year it's on May 18th for Chicago and I am planning on going and I've collected about $650 so far, I'm excited!

NIUcfer

NIUcfer

NIUcfer

<br />Last year was the first year I got a team together-usually it's just my entire family that comes, but I invited more of my friends and it was my boyfriend's first walk. We put a team together, raised over $1,000, and made team shirts. Of course when we got there, it was 40 degrees and freezing, so no one could see our shirts because we were all bundled up, but it was still fun!
<br />This year it's on May 18th for Chicago and I am planning on going and I've collected about $650 so far, I'm excited!