Anyone else have a slowww eater?

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
DS would pocket stuff in his cheek that he DIDN'T like. Personally, I'd either spit it out or swallow quickly followed by a huge drink to rid myself of the taste. I mean why leave it in there if it tastes awful?

Anyway, at daycare they make them at least try one bite of something and one day a couple years ago it was a pea. He then took a nap and when they woke up a couple hours later for snack time, he refused to open his mouth for his enzymes. Finally, the director asked, do you still have a pea in your mouth? He nodded yes! Bleah!

He also pockets stuff in his cheeks that he likes. The other night his mouth was FULL of sweet tarts. Just kept adding and not chewing.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
DS would pocket stuff in his cheek that he DIDN'T like. Personally, I'd either spit it out or swallow quickly followed by a huge drink to rid myself of the taste. I mean why leave it in there if it tastes awful?

Anyway, at daycare they make them at least try one bite of something and one day a couple years ago it was a pea. He then took a nap and when they woke up a couple hours later for snack time, he refused to open his mouth for his enzymes. Finally, the director asked, do you still have a pea in your mouth? He nodded yes! Bleah!

He also pockets stuff in his cheeks that he likes. The other night his mouth was FULL of sweet tarts. Just kept adding and not chewing.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
<br />
<br />Anyway, at daycare they make them at least try one bite of something and one day a couple years ago it was a pea. He then took a nap and when they woke up a couple hours later for snack time, he refused to open his mouth for his enzymes. Finally, the director asked, do you still have a pea in your mouth? He nodded yes! Bleah!
<br />
<br />He also pockets stuff in his cheeks that he likes. The other night his mouth was FULL of sweet tarts. Just kept adding and not chewing.

MavinetteH

My son is ten and has to be the slowest eater and yes it drives us crazy. I think maybe it has to do something from when they are little, i mean Hunter was dx'ed at 6 months of age, and so when he would eat he would scream. It hurt him to eat, so i guess i dont know.....
then you feel guilty cause you get frustrated.

MavinetteH

My son is ten and has to be the slowest eater and yes it drives us crazy. I think maybe it has to do something from when they are little, i mean Hunter was dx'ed at 6 months of age, and so when he would eat he would scream. It hurt him to eat, so i guess i dont know.....

MavinetteH

MavinetteH

MavinetteH

<br />then you feel guilty cause you get frustrated.
<br />

jendonl

My daughter can pocket food in her mouth for hours. She (and we) learned early that while we can make her put food into her mouth, we can't make her swallow it. Unfortunately, our first lesson in this principle was with her enzymes. She would rather have the enzyme pills burn her mouth than swallow the apple sauce we'd sprinkled them on. Though, I guess it turned out to be a blessing in disguise since it was shortly after that (before she even turned 2) she learned how to swallow the pills whole rather than take them on a spoonful of apple sauce.

jendonl

My daughter can pocket food in her mouth for hours. She (and we) learned early that while we can make her put food into her mouth, we can't make her swallow it. Unfortunately, our first lesson in this principle was with her enzymes. She would rather have the enzyme pills burn her mouth than swallow the apple sauce we'd sprinkled them on. Though, I guess it turned out to be a blessing in disguise since it was shortly after that (before she even turned 2) she learned how to swallow the pills whole rather than take them on a spoonful of apple sauce.

jendonl

jendonl

jendonl