Anyone ever have a late CF diagnosis (10 year old) who never showed symptoms?

tybe40

My niece was just diagnosed, and it's so confusing because she has never shown any signs of CF. Her younger sister was diagnosed over a month ago, and she did show mild symptoms. What does this mean for her (older sibling)? Can she live a life without ever developing it?

tybe40

My niece was just diagnosed, and it's so confusing because she has never shown any signs of CF. Her younger sister was diagnosed over a month ago, and she did show mild symptoms. What does this mean for her (older sibling)? Can she live a life without ever developing it?

tybe40

tybe40

tybe40

tybe40

I realize you don't "catch" it, this was not my question, Nicole. I am wondering, for any of those who want to answer me, can someone live symptom free their entire life? Will she spend her life waiting for the 'other shoe to drop" so to speak.

tybe40

I realize you don't "catch" it, this was not my question, Nicole. I am wondering, for any of those who want to answer me, can someone live symptom free their entire life? Will she spend her life waiting for the 'other shoe to drop" so to speak.

tybe40

tybe40

tybe40

JazzysMom

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>tybe40</b></i>

I realize you don't "catch" it, this was not my question, Nicole. I am wondering, for any of those who want to answer me, can someone live symptom free their entire life? Will she spend her life waiting for the 'other shoe to drop" so to speak.</end quote></div>

One thing about CF is even with a sibling having it that the clinical outcome for everyone is different. She could go through life not showing any real symptoms OR the shoe could drop tomorrow.

Often times the symptoms are SOOOO much like other things that they have always existed, but imitate other things like asmtha, allergies etc.

What mild symptoms did her bro have?

To actually answer your question. YES there have been people (some who are parents & got dx AFTER their kids were dx) that didnt show symptoms or they were misread for something else.

It is possible...

JazzysMom

I realize you don't "catch" it, this was not my question, Nicole. I am wondering, for any of those who want to answer me, can someone live symptom free their entire life? Will she spend her life waiting for the 'other shoe to drop" so to speak.</end quote></div>

One thing about CF is even with a sibling having it that the clinical outcome for everyone is different. She could go through life not showing any real symptoms OR the shoe could drop tomorrow.

Often times the symptoms are SOOOO much like other things that they have always existed, but imitate other things like asmtha, allergies etc.

To actually answer your question. YES there have been people (some who are parents & got dx AFTER their kids were dx) that didnt show symptoms or they were misread for something else.

It is possible...

JazzysMom

It is possible...

JazzysMom

I realize you don't "catch" it, this was not my question, Nicole. I am wondering, for any of those who want to answer me, can someone live symptom free their entire life? Will she spend her life waiting for the 'other shoe to drop" so to speak.</end quote>

It is possible...

JazzysMom

<br />
<br />I realize you don't "catch" it, this was not my question, Nicole. I am wondering, for any of those who want to answer me, can someone live symptom free their entire life? Will she spend her life waiting for the 'other shoe to drop" so to speak.</end quote>
<br />
<br />
<br />One thing about CF is even with a sibling having it that the clinical outcome for everyone is different. She could go through life not showing any real symptoms OR the shoe could drop tomorrow.
<br />
<br />Often times the symptoms are SOOOO much like other things that they have always existed, but imitate other things like asmtha, allergies etc.
<br />
<br />What mild symptoms did her bro have?
<br />
<br />To actually answer your question. YES there have been people (some who are parents & got dx AFTER their kids were dx) that didnt show symptoms or they were misread for something else.
<br />
<br />It is possible...

2cfers

Our daughter was diagnosed when she was 7 after our son was diagnosed because of the new born screen in Iowa. She is perfectly healthy a little skinny but she is a very picky eater.

Both of our kids are in great health. Our son takes enzymes our daughter does not, but they both do their vests now and do Pulmozyme for preventative care.

Christy

2cfers

Our daughter was diagnosed when she was 7 after our son was diagnosed because of the new born screen in Iowa. She is perfectly healthy a little skinny but she is a very picky eater.

Both of our kids are in great health. Our son takes enzymes our daughter does not, but they both do their vests now and do Pulmozyme for preventative care.

Christy

2cfers

Christy

2cfers

Christy

2cfers

<br />
<br />Both of our kids are in great health. Our son takes enzymes our daughter does not, but they both do their vests now and do Pulmozyme for preventative care.
<br />
<br />Christy