Anyone have contractions early on?

angie2323

Thanks for the info, Caroline. Do you remember what antibiotics you took? They are going to put me on the standard Tobramycin and Fortaz (ceftazidime). This is what I get everytime I have IV therapy. I know they weigh the risk vs. benefit, but I didn't get to speak to my perinatologist to hear what the risks might be. I'm going to try to talk to him tomorrow before I get my PICC placed.

angie2323

Thanks for the info, Caroline. Do you remember what antibiotics you took? They are going to put me on the standard Tobramycin and Fortaz (ceftazidime). This is what I get everytime I have IV therapy. I know they weigh the risk vs. benefit, but I didn't get to speak to my perinatologist to hear what the risks might be. I'm going to try to talk to him tomorrow before I get my PICC placed.

angie2323

angie2323

angie2323

Asexyblond23

Angie - Have them double check the tobra, when my doc looked it up it was a class D. I was just on meripum (sp?) and fortaz.

Caroline - She just said that Im getting enough from the vitamins im taking. I am only getting 200 of calcuim in my prenatal, my vitamax has none. So I should add some calcium to that? I have 600 + D pills in the med cabinet. I can start taking them, and then add no more then 400mg of magnisum also. Wow this is a ton of pills!

Asexyblond23

Angie - Have them double check the tobra, when my doc looked it up it was a class D. I was just on meripum (sp?) and fortaz.

Caroline - She just said that Im getting enough from the vitamins im taking. I am only getting 200 of calcuim in my prenatal, my vitamax has none. So I should add some calcium to that? I have 600 + D pills in the med cabinet. I can start taking them, and then add no more then 400mg of magnisum also. Wow this is a ton of pills!

Asexyblond23

Asexyblond23

Asexyblond23

<br />
<br />Caroline - She just said that Im getting enough from the vitamins im taking. I am only getting 200 of calcuim in my prenatal, my vitamax has none. So I should add some calcium to that? I have 600 + D pills in the med cabinet. I can start taking them, and then add no more then 400mg of magnisum also. Wow this is a ton of pills!

Jeana

Angie,
I was on IV antibiotics 3 times while pregnant and was on Colistin, Ceftazidime (Fortraz), Tobramycin and something else... I'll remember later. But PM me if you want.

Jeana

Angie,
I was on IV antibiotics 3 times while pregnant and was on Colistin, Ceftazidime (Fortraz), Tobramycin and something else... I'll remember later. But PM me if you want.

Jeana

Angie,

Jeana

Angie,

Jeana

Angie,
<br />I was on IV antibiotics 3 times while pregnant and was on Colistin, Ceftazidime (Fortraz), Tobramycin and something else... I'll remember later. But PM me if you want.

Jeana

The other drug was Vancomycin. I was only on the Tobramycin for a week and was really glad when my doc decided to switch. He only switched because I didn't seem to be making an improvement, but I was glad because Tobra is a D, like it was mentioned above. I also took prednisone for 10 days while pregnant.

I definitely agree with the other posters about calcium/magnesium, too!

Jeana

The other drug was Vancomycin. I was only on the Tobramycin for a week and was really glad when my doc decided to switch. He only switched because I didn't seem to be making an improvement, but I was glad because Tobra is a D, like it was mentioned above. I also took prednisone for 10 days while pregnant.

Jeana

Jeana

Jeana

<br />
<br />I definitely agree with the other posters about calcium/magnesium, too!