Anyone heard of/used the FLU MIST?

ashmomo

I was just told about a Flu Mist that is available. My friends ped told her it was more effective than the shot. Does anyone have experience with this? I am going to look for some info on it.
My 4 year old alreay got her shot...but I may be interested in this for the rest of the family.

ashmomo

I was just told about a Flu Mist that is available. My friends ped told her it was more effective than the shot. Does anyone have experience with this? I am going to look for some info on it.
My 4 year old alreay got her shot...but I may be interested in this for the rest of the family.

ashmomo

ashmomo

ashmomo

<br />My 4 year old alreay got her shot...but I may be interested in this for the rest of the family.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
I keep meaning to ask our doctor about it for ourselves. A few years ago when there was a major flu vaccine shortage, I had started looking into it and then managed to get DH and myself vaccinated at the Senior Citizen's Center.

It's my understanding it's a live virus as opposed to a killed one. So I have some reservations about it until I speak with someone in the know...

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
I keep meaning to ask our doctor about it for ourselves. A few years ago when there was a major flu vaccine shortage, I had started looking into it and then managed to get DH and myself vaccinated at the Senior Citizen's Center.

It's my understanding it's a live virus as opposed to a killed one. So I have some reservations about it until I speak with someone in the know...

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
<br />
<br />It's my understanding it's a live virus as opposed to a killed one. So I have some reservations about it until I speak with someone in the know...

B

brewz2

Our docs have already told us not to use the flu mist, including myself and my husband. We were told that it contains a live virus.

Tracey, mom to Sydney 8 w/cf and asthma, and Seth 4 w/cf both ddf508

B

brewz2

Our docs have already told us not to use the flu mist, including myself and my husband. We were told that it contains a live virus.

B

brewz2

B

brewz2

B

brewz2

<br />
<br />Tracey, mom to Sydney 8 w/cf and asthma, and Seth 4 w/cf both ddf508

just1more

Tracey is correct: DO NOT USE FLU MIST in a home w/CF. This is per the manufacturer, it is contraindicated for Cystic Fibrosis.

Flu Mist is a live vaccine, you can shed live virus after using it.

just1more

Tracey is correct: DO NOT USE FLU MIST in a home w/CF. This is per the manufacturer, it is contraindicated for Cystic Fibrosis.

just1more

just1more

just1more

<br />
<br />Flu Mist is a live vaccine, you can shed live virus after using it.
<br />