Anyone with experience getting care in San Francisco?

lilismom

We live in Seattle but since we are heading to the Bay Area for the Holidays anyway I decided to get Lili a consult at Stanford. We go next Fri, I'll let you know what I think of it. The consult was easy to set up so it you are wondering whether you should change clinics a 1 time visit would give you a chance to see how the other clinics in your area are.

We don't have a choice in Seattle, luckily Seattle Childrens is pretty good

lilismom

We live in Seattle but since we are heading to the Bay Area for the Holidays anyway I decided to get Lili a consult at Stanford. We go next Fri, I'll let you know what I think of it. The consult was easy to set up so it you are wondering whether you should change clinics a 1 time visit would give you a chance to see how the other clinics in your area are.

lilismom

lilismom

lilismom

<br />
<br />We don't have a choice in Seattle, luckily Seattle Childrens is pretty good

soderick

Hi Sarah,

When I was diagnosed as an infant, I went to Oakland Children's Hospital. We didn't like the facility, but my family and I LOVED my pediatrician. Luckily, she soon became affiliated with UCSF, which was a wonderful improvement. The only problem for you is that her office is in Walnut Creek, not San Francisco. It's more like a satellite clinic that still sends its patients to UCSF. But, since all I have is personal experience, I cannot recommend her more highly. Her name is Nancy Lewis. Her colleagues are wonderful, as well, but she was always my primary pulmonologist. I drove the 2.5 hours each direction every two or three months just to see her. I was always pleased with the pediatric program at UCSF (the actual hospital, I mean), as well.

Now that I've transferred to the adult clinic at UCSF, I'm not as happy. I'm seriously considering transferring to Stanford, as I've only ever heard wonderful things about it. I have certainly been frustrated by the breakdown of communication at UCSF at times, but I imagine those problems arise at any big hospital.

Good luck with your choice! Feel free to contact me directly if you would like any more information about UCSF. I have about 12 years of experience there.

soderick

Hi Sarah,

When I was diagnosed as an infant, I went to Oakland Children's Hospital. We didn't like the facility, but my family and I LOVED my pediatrician. Luckily, she soon became affiliated with UCSF, which was a wonderful improvement. The only problem for you is that her office is in Walnut Creek, not San Francisco. It's more like a satellite clinic that still sends its patients to UCSF. But, since all I have is personal experience, I cannot recommend her more highly. Her name is Nancy Lewis. Her colleagues are wonderful, as well, but she was always my primary pulmonologist. I drove the 2.5 hours each direction every two or three months just to see her. I was always pleased with the pediatric program at UCSF (the actual hospital, I mean), as well.

Now that I've transferred to the adult clinic at UCSF, I'm not as happy. I'm seriously considering transferring to Stanford, as I've only ever heard wonderful things about it. I have certainly been frustrated by the breakdown of communication at UCSF at times, but I imagine those problems arise at any big hospital.

Good luck with your choice! Feel free to contact me directly if you would like any more information about UCSF. I have about 12 years of experience there.

soderick

Hi Sarah,

soderick

Hi Sarah,

soderick

Hi Sarah,
<br />
<br />When I was diagnosed as an infant, I went to Oakland Children's Hospital. We didn't like the facility, but my family and I LOVED my pediatrician. Luckily, she soon became affiliated with UCSF, which was a wonderful improvement. The only problem for you is that her office is in Walnut Creek, not San Francisco. It's more like a satellite clinic that still sends its patients to UCSF. But, since all I have is personal experience, I cannot recommend her more highly. Her name is Nancy Lewis. Her colleagues are wonderful, as well, but she was always my primary pulmonologist. I drove the 2.5 hours each direction every two or three months just to see her. I was always pleased with the pediatric program at UCSF (the actual hospital, I mean), as well.
<br />
<br />Now that I've transferred to the adult clinic at UCSF, I'm not as happy. I'm seriously considering transferring to Stanford, as I've only ever heard wonderful things about it. I have certainly been frustrated by the breakdown of communication at UCSF at times, but I imagine those problems arise at any big hospital.
<br />
<br />Good luck with your choice! Feel free to contact me directly if you would like any more information about UCSF. I have about 12 years of experience there.

S

SarahProcter

Well, I'm a little disappointed that so far the vote seems to be leaning hard towards Stanford, as it would be so much easier for us to get care here in SF. I need to get a driver's license -- at the moment my husband is the only driver in the family. But it's good to know that if we need a better option, that there's a great choice at Stanford.

Anyone else with experiences in SF, please chime in, it's so wonderful to hear what you folks have experienced and what your opinions are. I thank everyone who has responded very sincerely.

S

SarahProcter

Well, I'm a little disappointed that so far the vote seems to be leaning hard towards Stanford, as it would be so much easier for us to get care here in SF. I need to get a driver's license -- at the moment my husband is the only driver in the family. But it's good to know that if we need a better option, that there's a great choice at Stanford.

Anyone else with experiences in SF, please chime in, it's so wonderful to hear what you folks have experienced and what your opinions are. I thank everyone who has responded very sincerely.

S

SarahProcter

S

SarahProcter

S

SarahProcter

<br />
<br />Anyone else with experiences in SF, please chime in, it's so wonderful to hear what you folks have experienced and what your opinions are. I thank everyone who has responded very sincerely.