Apendicitis

JustDucky

I am so sorry that you are in so much pain! I agree with the abdominal splinting with pillows while coughing or moving, as much as it hurts, moving is a good thing. AFter I had my hernia repaired (done laparoscopically), I had that horrible pain in my shoulder too, it was sharp and took my breath away. I pray that you get some relief soon...keeping you in my thoughts and prayers, Jenn

JustDucky

I am so sorry that you are in so much pain! I agree with the abdominal splinting with pillows while coughing or moving, as much as it hurts, moving is a good thing. AFter I had my hernia repaired (done laparoscopically), I had that horrible pain in my shoulder too, it was sharp and took my breath away. I pray that you get some relief soon...keeping you in my thoughts and prayers, Jenn

JustDucky

JustDucky

JustDucky

lightNlife

I had my appendix out about 11 years ago. It's actually sort of odd how they found out it needed to be removed! I was having an ultrasound to check on my gall bladder, and they stumbled across the appendix and said "wow, that needs to come out!" I wasn't having any symptoms or anything. When they told me I needed surgery I just laughed and asked "can I call my mom first?"

After the surgery I was very sore. They had gone in through an existing scar, but even so, the site was painful. One thing I was surprised was sore was my heels! I didn't realize how hard and unyielding that surgical table was. My lungs took awhile to bounce back too, but they eventually did. Give yourself plenty of time, and work up your stamina gradually.

One thing that can help is to stretch your arms up over your head and hold them there until they start to feel heavy. Breathe in as you lift, and out as you lower them. Try doing this several times a day. It's good for relaxing and coping with the pain, as well as helping bring back your lung function.

Hang in there!

lightNlife

I had my appendix out about 11 years ago. It's actually sort of odd how they found out it needed to be removed! I was having an ultrasound to check on my gall bladder, and they stumbled across the appendix and said "wow, that needs to come out!" I wasn't having any symptoms or anything. When they told me I needed surgery I just laughed and asked "can I call my mom first?"

After the surgery I was very sore. They had gone in through an existing scar, but even so, the site was painful. One thing I was surprised was sore was my heels! I didn't realize how hard and unyielding that surgical table was. My lungs took awhile to bounce back too, but they eventually did. Give yourself plenty of time, and work up your stamina gradually.

One thing that can help is to stretch your arms up over your head and hold them there until they start to feel heavy. Breathe in as you lift, and out as you lower them. Try doing this several times a day. It's good for relaxing and coping with the pain, as well as helping bring back your lung function.

Hang in there!

lightNlife

Hang in there!

lightNlife

Hang in there!

lightNlife

<br />
<br />After the surgery I was very sore. They had gone in through an existing scar, but even so, the site was painful. One thing I was surprised was sore was my heels! I didn't realize how hard and unyielding that surgical table was. My lungs took awhile to bounce back too, but they eventually did. Give yourself plenty of time, and work up your stamina gradually.
<br />
<br />One thing that can help is to stretch your arms up over your head and hold them there until they start to feel heavy. Breathe in as you lift, and out as you lower them. Try doing this several times a day. It's good for relaxing and coping with the pain, as well as helping bring back your lung function.
<br />
<br />Hang in there!

thefrogprincess

I knew it!!! I absolutely knew it from the way you described the pain! It was the same as me.

I had the laproscopic procedure too, so I know how that feels to have that gas inside you. With me it got stuck under my diaphram and it hurt to breathe. Just make sure you walk a lot because that will help with your lungs and getting that gas to disipate.

Are you taking a stool softener of any kind? Pain meds can make you constipated, and even if you are having bowel movements it might not be enough to keep you from getting bloated. I had some bloating after my surgery and the stool softeners helped a lot.

I was feeling much better after about 3 or 4 days as far as pain goes. Just rest up, but walk walk walk when you aren't resting!

thefrogprincess

I knew it!!! I absolutely knew it from the way you described the pain! It was the same as me.

I had the laproscopic procedure too, so I know how that feels to have that gas inside you. With me it got stuck under my diaphram and it hurt to breathe. Just make sure you walk a lot because that will help with your lungs and getting that gas to disipate.

Are you taking a stool softener of any kind? Pain meds can make you constipated, and even if you are having bowel movements it might not be enough to keep you from getting bloated. I had some bloating after my surgery and the stool softeners helped a lot.

I was feeling much better after about 3 or 4 days as far as pain goes. Just rest up, but walk walk walk when you aren't resting!

thefrogprincess

thefrogprincess

thefrogprincess

<br />
<br />I had the laproscopic procedure too, so I know how that feels to have that gas inside you. With me it got stuck under my diaphram and it hurt to breathe. Just make sure you walk a lot because that will help with your lungs and getting that gas to disipate.
<br />
<br />Are you taking a stool softener of any kind? Pain meds can make you constipated, and even if you are having bowel movements it might not be enough to keep you from getting bloated. I had some bloating after my surgery and the stool softeners helped a lot.
<br />
<br />I was feeling much better after about 3 or 4 days as far as pain goes. Just rest up, but walk walk walk when you aren't resting!