appetite stimulant

Stillgoing

My daughter was on periactin twice. The first time it made her very drowsy. The doctor said that the drowsiness would go away after a few days and he was right. It worked well to increase her appetite too - she gained 2 pounds the first week.
<br />
<br />The next time it didn't work at all. It didn't make her drowsy. It didn't stimulate her appetite. It was just one more pill to take.
<br />
<br />We tried Resource and the Boost chocolate drinks but to no avail. She just doesn't like them.
<br />
<br /> Now I just make meals that I know she will like. It is contrary to my philosophy that kids should eat/try what the rest of us eat, but the consequences for her are too scary.
<br />
<br />Best of luck,
<br />mom of two - daughter, age 8, DD508, and a son, age 9, no CF

hmw

Emily was on Periactin at one time. It did not increase her appetite or cause weight gain, but was extremely sedating.

(Re. the allergy med question; Periactin is an antihistamine. I have no idea how it would interact w/ other allergy meds though.)

hmw

Emily was on Periactin at one time. It did not increase her appetite or cause weight gain, but was extremely sedating.

(Re. the allergy med question; Periactin is an antihistamine. I have no idea how it would interact w/ other allergy meds though.)

hmw

hmw

hmw

<br />
<br />(Re. the allergy med question; Periactin is an antihistamine. I have no idea how it would interact w/ other allergy meds though.)

tabbycat821

My sister was on periactin when she was recovering from toxic shock syndrome, it made her drowsy as others have said and it did not stimulate her appetite. My mother just made sure she was eating enough and served foods she knew my sister would like.

tabbycat821

My sister was on periactin when she was recovering from toxic shock syndrome, it made her drowsy as others have said and it did not stimulate her appetite. My mother just made sure she was eating enough and served foods she knew my sister would like.

tabbycat821

tabbycat821

tabbycat821

tinybutmighty88

I would be careful with Megace. I took started taking it when i was in the hospital once and a few days later my sugars were in the 600's They were convinced that i had started the symptoms of CF related diabetes, but i started refusing megace and my sugars went back to normal in 5 days and i dont have diabetes. I was started on insulin and everything. but im fine now, thank god.

tinybutmighty88

I would be careful with Megace. I took started taking it when i was in the hospital once and a few days later my sugars were in the 600's They were convinced that i had started the symptoms of CF related diabetes, but i started refusing megace and my sugars went back to normal in 5 days and i dont have diabetes. I was started on insulin and everything. but im fine now, thank god.

tinybutmighty88

tinybutmighty88