are broncoscopies common?

happyone

My 2 year old has had an ongoing cough and the doc can't seem to pin point it. She's been only a couple different antibiotics and nothing has worked. The doc says he does them all the time, but whenever I look up anything about pediatric broncoscopies, it's rather unhappy. Is this a common thing I just need to get used to? Is it normal for this age? it's coming up awfully quickly.. just getting really nervous.

happyone

My 2 year old has had an ongoing cough and the doc can't seem to pin point it. She's been only a couple different antibiotics and nothing has worked. The doc says he does them all the time, but whenever I look up anything about pediatric broncoscopies, it's rather unhappy. Is this a common thing I just need to get used to? Is it normal for this age? it's coming up awfully quickly.. just getting really nervous.

happyone

happyone

happyone

S

sdelorenzo

My kids have both done them. I would want to get as much information as you can about what is causing the coughing and the bronchoscope could help determine if she is growing other bacteria that could be causing damage.
Sharon, mom of Sophia, 7 and Jack, 5 both with cf, Grant, two months no cf

S

sdelorenzo

My kids have both done them. I would want to get as much information as you can about what is causing the coughing and the bronchoscope could help determine if she is growing other bacteria that could be causing damage.

S

sdelorenzo

S

sdelorenzo

S

sdelorenzo

<br />Sharon, mom of Sophia, 7 and Jack, 5 both with cf, Grant, two months no cf

M

Mommafirst

Yes, I'd say they are pretty common, especially when sputum samples are virtually impossible (a throat culture is just not the same as getting into the lungs to get a real culture of what is in there).

My dd had a bronchoscopy aroung 18 months of age and it went very smoothly. Its a very quick procedure. We got to the hospital at 6am, procedure started at 7:30 am, doctors were talking to us after the procedure at 8:10am and we left recovery by 10am. By the afternoon my daughter was back to her normal self.

M

Mommafirst

Yes, I'd say they are pretty common, especially when sputum samples are virtually impossible (a throat culture is just not the same as getting into the lungs to get a real culture of what is in there).

My dd had a bronchoscopy aroung 18 months of age and it went very smoothly. Its a very quick procedure. We got to the hospital at 6am, procedure started at 7:30 am, doctors were talking to us after the procedure at 8:10am and we left recovery by 10am. By the afternoon my daughter was back to her normal self.

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst

<br />
<br />My dd had a bronchoscopy aroung 18 months of age and it went very smoothly. Its a very quick procedure. We got to the hospital at 6am, procedure started at 7:30 am, doctors were talking to us after the procedure at 8:10am and we left recovery by 10am. By the afternoon my daughter was back to her normal self.
<br />

T

tammykrumrey

I have two daughters with CF and neither one has ever had a bronc. But I am sure that your doctor is doing what he thinks is the best for your daughter so he can find out what is causing her to have problems.

T

tammykrumrey

I have two daughters with CF and neither one has ever had a bronc. But I am sure that your doctor is doing what he thinks is the best for your daughter so he can find out what is causing her to have problems.

T

tammykrumrey

T

tammykrumrey

T

tammykrumrey