are broncoscopies common?

bronie1

My daughter had one after my history was given to her pulm. and the cough would just not go away. Arrived in the morning; reassured by my daughter's pulm. Versed for my daughter, which makes them forget the entire experience, as that is what Versed does, and exploration made, with samples taken. A little swelling found in the airways, and results such as increased lipids noted in the airways. It can be helpful. My daughter had very little IGE or IGM when it came to allergie testing when an infant, and then older. (They were seeking the allergy asthma link). No real problems after.

bronie1

My daughter had one after my history was given to her pulm. and the cough would just not go away. Arrived in the morning; reassured by my daughter's pulm. Versed for my daughter, which makes them forget the entire experience, as that is what Versed does, and exploration made, with samples taken. A little swelling found in the airways, and results such as increased lipids noted in the airways. It can be helpful. My daughter had very little IGE or IGM when it came to allergie testing when an infant, and then older. (They were seeking the allergy asthma link). No real problems after.

bronie1

bronie1

bronie1

camperscove

My son had a bronch at 26 months only because he was under anesthesia for a different procedure. Our doc is pretty conservative as he feels the risk of putting a child with compromised lungs "under" has to be seriously outweighed by the symptoms. We've talked about and decided against doing a bronch on 3 occasions since the first one. I would like to say that while my son's sats and RR were manageable during the procedure, he did not do well in recovery. Each person reacts differently to anesthesia and he clearly had difficulty. He was highly combative, took 3-4 hours to "wake-up", and then was back in the ER that night with a fever spike (105) and increased RR, which are both commonly associated with a bronch. We now view it as a last resort as opposed to a ruling out technique. That being said, we all do what we have to do for our kids' health!

camperscove

My son had a bronch at 26 months only because he was under anesthesia for a different procedure. Our doc is pretty conservative as he feels the risk of putting a child with compromised lungs "under" has to be seriously outweighed by the symptoms. We've talked about and decided against doing a bronch on 3 occasions since the first one. I would like to say that while my son's sats and RR were manageable during the procedure, he did not do well in recovery. Each person reacts differently to anesthesia and he clearly had difficulty. He was highly combative, took 3-4 hours to "wake-up", and then was back in the ER that night with a fever spike (105) and increased RR, which are both commonly associated with a bronch. We now view it as a last resort as opposed to a ruling out technique. That being said, we all do what we have to do for our kids' health!

camperscove

camperscove

camperscove

mommy2diego

my son had one done at 5 months. He had pnemonia at the time and was culturing pseudo and we were hosptialized already, so they took the opportunity to do it. They wanted to make sure nothing else was growing in his lungs and get a starting point for him documented. It was fairly quick, under a half hour. The sedation was the scary part for me. For the little ones they do put them out...so going with no food or drink was the hard part. He did great and they were able to suction some mucus out of the lungs and give them a good rinse. Over all i have peace about having it done. I was terrified at first with him being so young. He did have a little bit of sore throat the first day after, but other then that... he did fine.

mommy2diego

my son had one done at 5 months. He had pnemonia at the time and was culturing pseudo and we were hosptialized already, so they took the opportunity to do it. They wanted to make sure nothing else was growing in his lungs and get a starting point for him documented. It was fairly quick, under a half hour. The sedation was the scary part for me. For the little ones they do put them out...so going with no food or drink was the hard part. He did great and they were able to suction some mucus out of the lungs and give them a good rinse. Over all i have peace about having it done. I was terrified at first with him being so young. He did have a little bit of sore throat the first day after, but other then that... he did fine.

mommy2diego

mommy2diego

mommy2diego

<br />
<br />