Are there studies that show that the Vest is a superior form of ACT?

L

lizlas

<P>thats what i was wondering Brad...if manual CPT is better than vest! the pep/ flutter acapella dont work that well for me....I need the old fashioned way....CPT...but husband has bad elbows and it really hurts him after 10 mins.....</P>
<P>I also have the huge percussor....needless to say hard to do my back.....I would love to try a vest.</P>
<P>in Ontario we have ADP assistance devices program thru goverment ....they pay 75 % of compressors and percussors etc. and we or our work insurance pay the 25%. when I calledADPand asked if they heard of the vest for CF physio....oh she heard of it alright ...but NO COVERAGE......there are a few people at my clinic in toronto who have paid for vest themselves....but my dr. says they were disappointed ...mannual cpt was better . and there didnt seem to be a decline in their frequency of exasberations...but i didnt get to speak with them...</P>
<P>I know one ladies private work insurance paid for vest for her son...she threatened to put her story in newspaper...no dont want to do that...lol</P>
<P>few years ago when I called about vest . dont remeber which co. they offered it to me for 12,000 ....or rent it for 1,000 a month.....to try it....</P>
<P>how many vest companies are there?</P>
<P></P>
<P></P>

L

lizlas

<P>thats what i was wondering Brad...if manual CPT is better than vest! the pep/ flutter acapella dont work that well for me....I need the old fashioned way....CPT...but husband has bad elbows and it really hurts him after 10 mins.....</P>
<P>I also have the huge percussor....needless to say hard to do my back.....I would love to try a vest.</P>
<P>in Ontario we have ADP assistance devices program thru goverment ....they pay 75 % of compressors and percussors etc. and we or our work insurance pay the 25%. when I calledADPand asked if they heard of the vest for CF physio....oh she heard of it alright ...but NO COVERAGE......there are a few people at my clinic in toronto who have paid for vest themselves....but my dr. says they were disappointed ...mannual cpt was better . and there didnt seem to be a decline in their frequency of exasberations...but i didnt get to speak with them...</P>
<P>I know one ladies private work insurance paid for vest for her son...she threatened to put her story in newspaper...no dont want to do that...lol</P>
<P>few years ago when I called about vest . dont remeber which co. they offered it to me for 12,000 ....or rent it for 1,000 a month.....to try it....</P>
<P>how many vest companies are there?</P>
<P></P>
<P></P>

00transam

<br>My doctor pushed for me to get the vest, so I finally did get one. The one I have is considered one of the best but even on 100% I don't get anywhere near as much if any at times out compared to the manual cpt. I still try to use the vest but it honestly does NOT work as well as manual cpt. Now they have me trying a new pulsed breathing machine with nebs, so foar it seems to show some promise.

00transam

<br>My doctor pushed for me to get the vest, so I finally did get one. The one I have is considered one of the best but even on 100% I don't get anywhere near as much if any at times out compared to the manual cpt. I still try to use the vest but it honestly does NOT work as well as manual cpt. Now they have me trying a new pulsed breathing machine with nebs, so foar it seems to show some promise.

00transam

00transam

I remember when the VEST was supposed to be the new big thing to replace manual PT, it isn't and doesn't. My care center recommended the VEST fully and my insurance got me a really good one but it has NEVER done as good as the manual therapy. When I am in for a stay at my care center they still prefer to do the manual PT, that should speak for itself. Some prefer the VEST but usually only because they don't like the pounding on themselves or they're children. Most of the CF people I run into admit the manual PT still works the best even if they "like" the VEST.