Are you a vegetarian? What are your PFT/FEV1 Levels like?

ha1224

<div>I've been a vegetarian for 13 years. I have almond milk in my cereal instead of real milk.</div><div><br></div><div><a href="http://www.livestrong.com/article/374696-foods-to-avoid-for-mucus-production/">http://www.livestrong.com/article/374696-foods-to-avoid-for-mucus-production/</a></div>

ha1224

I've been a vegetarian for 13 years. I have almond milk in my cereal instead of real milk.<br><a href="http://www.livestrong.com/article/374696-foods-to-avoid-for-mucus-production/">http://www.livestrong.com/article/374696-foods-to-avoid-for-mucus-production/</a>

ha1224

I've been a vegetarian for 13 years. I have almond milk in my cereal instead of real milk.<br><a href="http://www.livestrong.com/article/374696-foods-to-avoid-for-mucus-production/">http://www.livestrong.com/article/374696-foods-to-avoid-for-mucus-production/</a>

K

Kaethe108

Well, I am also vegetarian since 12 Years, but I have no CF...
In the CF Centre they told us that my daughter cannot live vegetarian. She will Need to eat meat every Day and 1-2 Times a Week Fish...
I don't Even Know how to Cook meat. Also I don't want to buy or Cook Dead Animals As I feel so sorry for them and I don't want to Support the meat Industry. But I will have to somehow...

K

Kaethe108

In the CF Centre they told us that my daughter cannot live vegetarian. She will Need to eat meat every Day and 1-2 Times a Week Fish...
I don't Even Know how to Cook meat. Also I don't want to buy or Cook Dead Animals As I feel so sorry for them and I don't want to Support the meat Industry. But I will have to somehow...

K

Kaethe108

<br />In the CF Centre they told us that my daughter cannot live vegetarian. She will Need to eat meat every Day and 1-2 Times a Week Fish...
<br />I don't Even Know how to Cook meat. Also I don't want to buy or Cook Dead Animals As I feel so sorry for them and I don't want to Support the meat Industry. But I will have to somehow...

ha1224

<div>I'd get a second opinion. I have CF (though atypical *runs the other way from NoExcuses*) I have survived for 13 years without meat. I've had a few allergy-caused sinus infections over the years, but nothing else significant (thank God). I am wondering if I should be quick to contribute part of my "success" to my vegetarianism. </div><div><br></div><div>If meat increases mucus production, why on earth would you want that?</div>

ha1224

I'd get a second opinion. I have CF (though atypical *runs the other way from NoExcuses*) I have survived for 13 years without meat. I've had a few allergy-caused sinus infections over the years, but nothing else significant (thank God). I am wondering if I should be quick to contribute part of my "success" to my vegetarianism.<br>If meat increases mucus production, why on earth would you want that?

ha1224

I'd get a second opinion. I have CF (though atypical *runs the other way from NoExcuses*) I have survived for 13 years without meat. I've had a few allergy-caused sinus infections over the years, but nothing else significant (thank God). I am wondering if I should be quick to contribute part of my "success" to my vegetarianism.<br>If meat increases mucus production, why on earth would you want that?

erock77

I've been eating veg for about 11 years now, with occasional fish may once every week or 2. Why do they say she has to eat meat? I recall feeling better and actually gaining weight when I went veggie. Most likely b/c I was cooking a lot of pasta. I eat relatively healthy these days and manage to keep weight at an okay level. My FEV1 is about 63%, it's dropped pretty slowly in the past decade, I don't really know what effect the diet has had but I think it's okay. Just get a decent balance of carbs, protein and fat.

erock77

I've been eating veg for about 11 years now, with occasional fish may once every week or 2. Why do they say she has to eat meat? I recall feeling better and actually gaining weight when I went veggie. Most likely b/c I was cooking a lot of pasta. I eat relatively healthy these days and manage to keep weight at an okay level. My FEV1 is about 63%, it's dropped pretty slowly in the past decade, I don't really know what effect the diet has had but I think it's okay. Just get a decent balance of carbs, protein and fat.

erock77

K

Kaethe108

Our "diet Assistant" (don't Know the English term, sorry) told us that with a vegetarian diet we would Never get together the amounts of certain Minerals etc. that our daughter needs (e.g. Selen, Iron etc. ).
I Know that for a Healthy Person this is Not true but She Said CF People have Special needs and Need more of this "stuff"...

K

Kaethe108

Our "diet Assistant" (don't Know the English term, sorry) told us that with a vegetarian diet we would Never get together the amounts of certain Minerals etc. that our daughter needs (e.g. Selen, Iron etc. ).
I Know that for a Healthy Person this is Not true but She Said CF People have Special needs and Need more of this "stuff"...

K

Kaethe108

<br />I Know that for a Healthy Person this is Not true but She Said CF People have Special needs and Need more of this "stuff"...

Tisha

Kaethe: I've been a vegetarian several years (now I'm back at eating meat) and there are ways to get those minerals. Send me a private message if you want, I can tell you about some supplements that might be interesting.

Tisha

Kaethe: I've been a vegetarian several years (now I'm back at eating meat) and there are ways to get those minerals. Send me a private message if you want, I can tell you about some supplements that might be interesting.

Tisha

K

Kaethe108

Thank you Tisha, but my baby is only 4 months old. I will not fight with the CF center about this now. When she is older she will decide for herself. :)

K

Kaethe108

Thank you Tisha, but my baby is only 4 months old. I will not fight with the CF center about this now. When she is older she will decide for herself. :)