ARe you sure it is worth it?

Brad

You 3 talked me in to it. Where do I sign up !!

But Seriously, I had a lot of the same questions
and concerns that the Dude had...

Thank You..

I wanted to Hear All this from Folks that have
gone Through a TX and Not a Doctor. They fib sometimes Ya know..

Brad

Thank You..

Brad

Thank You..

Brad

Thank You..

Brad

<br />
<br /> But Seriously, I had a lot of the same questions
<br /> and concerns that the Dude had...
<br />
<br /> Thank You..
<br />
<br /> I wanted to Hear All this from Folks that have
<br /> gone Through a TX and Not a Doctor. They fib sometimes Ya know..

:Wuz up peoples,to the DuDe,in my eyes there is nothing worse than being on oxygen for 3 years of my life.From age 36 to 39 I would sometimes require up to 15-25 liters of oxygen.Oxygen SUCKS,being able to breath w/o any help is awesome.I am now 42,living somewhat a normal life for the first time in 10-12 years after my transplant on 01/02/2008.I have had some issues but nothing that is not expected from a transplant.NOW AS FOR YOUR CONCERN ABOUT THE REJECTION MEDICATION,I AM ON GENGRAF AND I DO HAVE SOME MANAGEABLE SIDE EFFECTS.THE MAIN ONE IS THE NEEDLES/TINGLING FEELING IN MY HANDS AND FEET,BUT THIS IS ONLY WHEN MY CYCLOSPORIN LEVEL IS HIGH.I STARTED A NEW MED WHICH HELPS BATTLE THIS PROBLEM.LIKE I SAID DuDE THIS IS MANAGEABLE,I CAN DEAL WITH THIS AS LONG AS I'M NOT ON OXYGEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!GOOD LUCK AND JUST DO IT

Brandon Fitzpatrick,42yo with CF,and a new pair of lungs

:Wuz up peoples,to the DuDe,in my eyes there is nothing worse than being on oxygen for 3 years of my life.From age 36 to 39 I would sometimes require up to 15-25 liters of oxygen.Oxygen SUCKS,being able to breath w/o any help is awesome.I am now 42,living somewhat a normal life for the first time in 10-12 years after my transplant on 01/02/2008.I have had some issues but nothing that is not expected from a transplant.NOW AS FOR YOUR CONCERN ABOUT THE REJECTION MEDICATION,I AM ON GENGRAF AND I DO HAVE SOME MANAGEABLE SIDE EFFECTS.THE MAIN ONE IS THE NEEDLES/TINGLING FEELING IN MY HANDS AND FEET,BUT THIS IS ONLY WHEN MY CYCLOSPORIN LEVEL IS HIGH.I STARTED A NEW MED WHICH HELPS BATTLE THIS PROBLEM.LIKE I SAID DuDE THIS IS MANAGEABLE,I CAN DEAL WITH THIS AS LONG AS I'M NOT ON OXYGEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!GOOD LUCK AND JUST DO IT

<br />
<br /> Brandon Fitzpatrick,42yo with CF,and a new pair of lungs

TwistedTanya

I posted on someone else's a longer post about if it's worht it if you wanna check out the long version, hehe. Yes, it is worth it!! I had a rough time after transplant with many setbacks and surgeries and I can still say that it is worth it. I'm doing much better and can do so much and not be out of breath! I really don't have many side effects from the meds. A little hand shakiness, higher blood sugar, the "moonface", still a little pain but I did get reopened in Dec. last year. I take Lexipro for any anxiety or depression. What I do now is so much easier than what I had to do befoer trasnplant. I'm not coughing my head off or short of breath. The pain will go away and side effects lessen as your meds decrease over time. The benifits of lung transplant totally outway any meds or side effects. It's much worse to be living with beat up CF lungs.

TwistedTanya

I posted on someone else's a longer post about if it's worht it if you wanna check out the long version, hehe. Yes, it is worth it!! I had a rough time after transplant with many setbacks and surgeries and I can still say that it is worth it. I'm doing much better and can do so much and not be out of breath! I really don't have many side effects from the meds. A little hand shakiness, higher blood sugar, the "moonface", still a little pain but I did get reopened in Dec. last year. I take Lexipro for any anxiety or depression. What I do now is so much easier than what I had to do befoer trasnplant. I'm not coughing my head off or short of breath. The pain will go away and side effects lessen as your meds decrease over time. The benifits of lung transplant totally outway any meds or side effects. It's much worse to be living with beat up CF lungs.

TwistedTanya