Arthritis?

melx

Hi Sue I have had it since I was a teen. there is a thread on here from this past fall that is quite lengthy. I think if you type - Chronic Pain?? - you will find it, there were many responses. I hope you find something to help. Prednisone is my only relief when it is bad.

melx

Hi Sue I have had it since I was a teen. there is a thread on here from this past fall that is quite lengthy. I think if you type - Chronic Pain?? - you will find it, there were many responses. I hope you find something to help. Prednisone is my only relief when it is bad.

melx

melx

melx

stillkicking

I had this happen when I was a kid. My ankle and wrist both were swollen and red. The pain was excruciating. The doctor told me it was a side effect of the CF and it was arthritis. I still get it throughout my body, as for pain meds I've never taken prescription ones and I haven't found anything to touch the pain. High doses of Ibuprofen knock the edge off, but it usually entails me missing some work till I can move again. Good luck with your case.

stillkicking

I had this happen when I was a kid. My ankle and wrist both were swollen and red. The pain was excruciating. The doctor told me it was a side effect of the CF and it was arthritis. I still get it throughout my body, as for pain meds I've never taken prescription ones and I haven't found anything to touch the pain. High doses of Ibuprofen knock the edge off, but it usually entails me missing some work till I can move again. Good luck with your case.

stillkicking

stillkicking

stillkicking

vladober

My problems are the knees, knuckles and the middle of my spine. The changes in weather always cause an increase in pain and rustiness of the joints and also an elevated body temperature. Hot baths, massages with BenGay or when this doesn't work I use Transvasin. And Ibuprofen or Tylenol arthritis.

vladober

My problems are the knees, knuckles and the middle of my spine. The changes in weather always cause an increase in pain and rustiness of the joints and also an elevated body temperature. Hot baths, massages with BenGay or when this doesn't work I use Transvasin. And Ibuprofen or Tylenol arthritis.

vladober

vladober

vladober

kmaried

Hi Sue,

I've written my two cents on this topic so many times, but I'm glad you wrote b/c I had a really bad flare up this weekend, and I want to vent! lol.

Anyway, I totally sympathize. I have heard this be called so many things by different people - Still's disease, CFRA, pulmonary osteoarthropathy, fibromyalgia... I tend to think we're all dealing with the same pain, and since Drs don't have a really good handle on it, they choose to call it different things.

I've had this since 2004. At first my flare-ups were few and far between. They began occurring more and more frequently, and I began taking plaquenil twice a day (I'm now down to once a day). The plaquenil helped immensely but did not take it all away. I also take very low dose prednisone 4 days a week. That helps also, and is such low frequency it isn't supposed to cause all the negative side effects.

I still get breakthough pain -- sometimes more severe than others (this weekend was suprisingly bad). For that I take tylenol, ibuprofen, or percocet. I love the ibuprofen, but I can't take it too much or I have hemoptysis, plus, as you mentioned - sometimes it hardly takes the edge off. The percocet keeps me from missing work (I obviously tolerate it well - and it doesn't make me sleepy or nauseas). I don't know what I'd do without it.

I really, really hope you find relief!! Keep us updated... I'm interested to hear their recommendations for you!

Kris
27 w/ CF

kmaried

Hi Sue,

I've written my two cents on this topic so many times, but I'm glad you wrote b/c I had a really bad flare up this weekend, and I want to vent! lol.

Anyway, I totally sympathize. I have heard this be called so many things by different people - Still's disease, CFRA, pulmonary osteoarthropathy, fibromyalgia... I tend to think we're all dealing with the same pain, and since Drs don't have a really good handle on it, they choose to call it different things.

I've had this since 2004. At first my flare-ups were few and far between. They began occurring more and more frequently, and I began taking plaquenil twice a day (I'm now down to once a day). The plaquenil helped immensely but did not take it all away. I also take very low dose prednisone 4 days a week. That helps also, and is such low frequency it isn't supposed to cause all the negative side effects.

I still get breakthough pain -- sometimes more severe than others (this weekend was suprisingly bad). For that I take tylenol, ibuprofen, or percocet. I love the ibuprofen, but I can't take it too much or I have hemoptysis, plus, as you mentioned - sometimes it hardly takes the edge off. The percocet keeps me from missing work (I obviously tolerate it well - and it doesn't make me sleepy or nauseas). I don't know what I'd do without it.

I really, really hope you find relief!! Keep us updated... I'm interested to hear their recommendations for you!

Kris
27 w/ CF

kmaried

Hi Sue,

Kris
27 w/ CF

kmaried

Hi Sue,

Kris
27 w/ CF

kmaried

Hi Sue,
<br />
<br />I've written my two cents on this topic so many times, but I'm glad you wrote b/c I had a really bad flare up this weekend, and I want to vent! lol.
<br />
<br />Anyway, I totally sympathize. I have heard this be called so many things by different people - Still's disease, CFRA, pulmonary osteoarthropathy, fibromyalgia... I tend to think we're all dealing with the same pain, and since Drs don't have a really good handle on it, they choose to call it different things.
<br />
<br />I've had this since 2004. At first my flare-ups were few and far between. They began occurring more and more frequently, and I began taking plaquenil twice a day (I'm now down to once a day). The plaquenil helped immensely but did not take it all away. I also take very low dose prednisone 4 days a week. That helps also, and is such low frequency it isn't supposed to cause all the negative side effects.
<br />
<br />I still get breakthough pain -- sometimes more severe than others (this weekend was suprisingly bad). For that I take tylenol, ibuprofen, or percocet. I love the ibuprofen, but I can't take it too much or I have hemoptysis, plus, as you mentioned - sometimes it hardly takes the edge off. The percocet keeps me from missing work (I obviously tolerate it well - and it doesn't make me sleepy or nauseas). I don't know what I'd do without it.
<br />
<br />I really, really hope you find relief!! Keep us updated... I'm interested to hear their recommendations for you!
<br />
<br />Kris
<br />27 w/ CF