Asthma in my 10 month old

ashmomo

We have tried the Flovent...she was on that before being admitted and in the hospital. Upon leaving I asked to be switched to a neb (which in turn put us on Pulmocort) cuz she fights the inhaler so much, after trying to do it I wasn't feeling that she got the breaths in that were necessary. So, I decided she would get more out of a neb than the inhaler.

She was clear the whole time on IVs in the hospital...then the day we were supposed to go home she woke up wheezing again and a gradual cough produced. We were still at the hospital, nothing had changed in her room?

Allergies have not been brought up...I will have to look into that. Not sure what the doc will say next, but I will bring up allergies for sure. Thanks

ashmomo

We have tried the Flovent...she was on that before being admitted and in the hospital. Upon leaving I asked to be switched to a neb (which in turn put us on Pulmocort) cuz she fights the inhaler so much, after trying to do it I wasn't feeling that she got the breaths in that were necessary. So, I decided she would get more out of a neb than the inhaler.

She was clear the whole time on IVs in the hospital...then the day we were supposed to go home she woke up wheezing again and a gradual cough produced. We were still at the hospital, nothing had changed in her room?

Allergies have not been brought up...I will have to look into that. Not sure what the doc will say next, but I will bring up allergies for sure. Thanks

ashmomo

ashmomo

ashmomo

<br />
<br />She was clear the whole time on IVs in the hospital...then the day we were supposed to go home she woke up wheezing again and a gradual cough produced. We were still at the hospital, nothing had changed in her room?
<br />
<br />Allergies have not been brought up...I will have to look into that. Not sure what the doc will say next, but I will bring up allergies for sure. Thanks

saveferris2009

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>ashmomo</b></i>

Allergies have not been brought up...I will have to look into that. Not sure what the doc will say next, but I will bring up allergies for sure. Thanks</end quote></div>

Allergies are frequently underdiagnosed in CF kids. Docs hear weezing and rumblings, and they figure it's CF.

So a recommendation: don't bring this up to your CF doc. You don't need permission to see an allergist - go see one. No one is more of an expert on allergies than an allergist.

Don't sell your daughter short....make an allergy doc apt today

saveferris2009

Allergies have not been brought up...I will have to look into that. Not sure what the doc will say next, but I will bring up allergies for sure. Thanks</end quote></div>

Allergies are frequently underdiagnosed in CF kids. Docs hear weezing and rumblings, and they figure it's CF.

So a recommendation: don't bring this up to your CF doc. You don't need permission to see an allergist - go see one. No one is more of an expert on allergies than an allergist.

saveferris2009

saveferris2009

Allergies have not been brought up...I will have to look into that. Not sure what the doc will say next, but I will bring up allergies for sure. Thanks</end quote>

saveferris2009

<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />Allergies have not been brought up...I will have to look into that. Not sure what the doc will say next, but I will bring up allergies for sure. Thanks</end quote>
<br />
<br />Allergies are frequently underdiagnosed in CF kids. Docs hear weezing and rumblings, and they figure it's CF.
<br />
<br />So a recommendation: don't bring this up to your CF doc. You don't need permission to see an allergist - go see one. No one is more of an expert on allergies than an allergist.
<br />
<br />Don't sell your daughter short....make an allergy doc apt today

S

sdelorenzo

My son started to wheeze in December for the first time ever and was on all sorts of meds (IV's, steroids, etc) but nothing has helped. His pft's also dropped from 115% to 80%. The one thing his doctor mentioned this week is that he keeps culturing is candida. His cf doctor just mentioned this week we need to see an allergist. Not sure why I didn't think of it earlier and that I need to make sure I give him his probiotic each day! It could be he is having an allergic reaction to candida...or something else is in his environment. We can't figure it out. He has been out of school since Christmas since his doctor doesn't want him catching viruses with lower lung function. He is headed back after spring break. We are ALL ready for him to get back to school. I know you must be exhausted after that long of a hospital stay. Hopefully Jordin will improve soon.
Sharon, mom of Sophia, 8 and Jack, 6 both with cf, Grant, 1 year no cf

S

sdelorenzo

My son started to wheeze in December for the first time ever and was on all sorts of meds (IV's, steroids, etc) but nothing has helped. His pft's also dropped from 115% to 80%. The one thing his doctor mentioned this week is that he keeps culturing is candida. His cf doctor just mentioned this week we need to see an allergist. Not sure why I didn't think of it earlier and that I need to make sure I give him his probiotic each day! It could be he is having an allergic reaction to candida...or something else is in his environment. We can't figure it out. He has been out of school since Christmas since his doctor doesn't want him catching viruses with lower lung function. He is headed back after spring break. We are ALL ready for him to get back to school. I know you must be exhausted after that long of a hospital stay. Hopefully Jordin will improve soon.

S

sdelorenzo

S

sdelorenzo

S

sdelorenzo

<br />Sharon, mom of Sophia, 8 and Jack, 6 both with cf, Grant, 1 year no cf
<br />

saveferris2009

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>sdelorenzo</b></i>

His cf doctor just mentioned this week we need to see an allergist. </end quote></div>

Have you made an appt yet?

saveferris2009

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>sdelorenzo</b></i>

His cf doctor just mentioned this week we need to see an allergist. </end quote></div>

saveferris2009

saveferris2009

His cf doctor just mentioned this week we need to see an allergist. </end quote>

saveferris2009

<br />
<br />His cf doctor just mentioned this week we need to see an allergist. </end quote>
<br />
<br />Have you made an appt yet?
<br />
<br />
<br />