Asthma - questions about symptoms

TestifyToLove

You're looking for 2 things with asthma. You are looking for the use of accesory muscles and for wheezing.

As a PP said, look at the collarbone. Do you see the skin sink in everytime she breaths? The second place to look for this is at the bottom of the ribcage. Again, is the skin sinking in and showing the bones when she takes a breath?

Wheezing is easy to detect once you've seen it. If its light, you might need a stethoscope. But, if its bad, you can use a naked ear. Just listen to the back. It sounds like a train, literally. Its a whistling type of sound as they try to suck air in and slightly different but similiar as they try to then push air back out again.

Asthma does not cause extra mucous but can cause coughing, vomiting, shortness of breath, and the appearance of turning blue. Allergies and exercise can both make it worse.

TestifyToLove

You're looking for 2 things with asthma. You are looking for the use of accesory muscles and for wheezing.

As a PP said, look at the collarbone. Do you see the skin sink in everytime she breaths? The second place to look for this is at the bottom of the ribcage. Again, is the skin sinking in and showing the bones when she takes a breath?

Wheezing is easy to detect once you've seen it. If its light, you might need a stethoscope. But, if its bad, you can use a naked ear. Just listen to the back. It sounds like a train, literally. Its a whistling type of sound as they try to suck air in and slightly different but similiar as they try to then push air back out again.

Asthma does not cause extra mucous but can cause coughing, vomiting, shortness of breath, and the appearance of turning blue. Allergies and exercise can both make it worse.

TestifyToLove

TestifyToLove

TestifyToLove

<br />
<br />As a PP said, look at the collarbone. Do you see the skin sink in everytime she breaths? The second place to look for this is at the bottom of the ribcage. Again, is the skin sinking in and showing the bones when she takes a breath?
<br />
<br />Wheezing is easy to detect once you've seen it. If its light, you might need a stethoscope. But, if its bad, you can use a naked ear. Just listen to the back. It sounds like a train, literally. Its a whistling type of sound as they try to suck air in and slightly different but similiar as they try to then push air back out again.
<br />
<br />Asthma does not cause extra mucous but can cause coughing, vomiting, shortness of breath, and the appearance of turning blue. Allergies and exercise can both make it worse.

madencanada

Asthma does cause sticky mucus and plugs. Also if there's an allergy component causing the asthma attack , some will scratch the neck and chest area .. feels itchy!!

madencanada

Asthma does cause sticky mucus and plugs. Also if there's an allergy component causing the asthma attack , some will scratch the neck and chest area .. feels itchy!!

madencanada

madencanada

madencanada

TestifyToLove

Asthma with CF may cause mucous. But, asthma is the act of the passageways in the lungs closing to the point that air cannot get through them. In normal asthma, it doesn't create any additional mucous. But, my experience with asthma comes from a brother whose been near death from status asthmaticus and not someone already battling CF, so I cannot tell you what CF would do to complicate asthma. I can tell you how to spot an asthma attack though. You're looking for the sucking in (accessory muscles) and the wheezing.

When I've been an anaphylactic shock, I've experienced the itching, especially in my mouth and throat. But, I've never heard my brother complain of itching with his asthma. However, since asthma is the body having an allergic response out of control and not always related to anything specific, and anaphylactic shock is an acute allergic reaction, they can have the same symptoms.

TestifyToLove

Asthma with CF may cause mucous. But, asthma is the act of the passageways in the lungs closing to the point that air cannot get through them. In normal asthma, it doesn't create any additional mucous. But, my experience with asthma comes from a brother whose been near death from status asthmaticus and not someone already battling CF, so I cannot tell you what CF would do to complicate asthma. I can tell you how to spot an asthma attack though. You're looking for the sucking in (accessory muscles) and the wheezing.

When I've been an anaphylactic shock, I've experienced the itching, especially in my mouth and throat. But, I've never heard my brother complain of itching with his asthma. However, since asthma is the body having an allergic response out of control and not always related to anything specific, and anaphylactic shock is an acute allergic reaction, they can have the same symptoms.

TestifyToLove

TestifyToLove

TestifyToLove

<br />
<br />When I've been an anaphylactic shock, I've experienced the itching, especially in my mouth and throat. But, I've never heard my brother complain of itching with his asthma. However, since asthma is the body having an allergic response out of control and not always related to anything specific, and anaphylactic shock is an acute allergic reaction, they can have the same symptoms.

TestifyToLove

TestifyToLove

TestifyToLove

TestifyToLove

TestifyToLove

<br />
<br />When I've been an anaphylactic shock, I've experienced the itching, especially in my mouth and throat. But, I've never heard my brother complain of itching with his asthma. However, since asthma is the body having an allergic response out of control and not always related to anything specific, and anaphylactic shock is an acute allergic reaction, they can have the same symptoms.