Atelectasis- 1yr old with partial lung collapse

wiltonnh

Hello-

My youngest child 1.2 years old has cf and was seen at the hospital this past Friday because of severe coughing fits. XRAY revealed an Atelectasis on his upper left lobe. The clinic gave us pulmozyne and told us to up his chest pt and sent us on our way. We will check in with them early this week but after more research on Atelectasis I am a bit more concerned than the clinic appeared to be.

Anyone else experience this dx and what was the method of treatment/intervention subsribed? I really appreciate all the feedback and I am an avid reader of the forum site I find that it is a useful tool in figuring out this complex disease.

wiltonnh

Hello-

My youngest child 1.2 years old has cf and was seen at the hospital this past Friday because of severe coughing fits. XRAY revealed an Atelectasis on his upper left lobe. The clinic gave us pulmozyne and told us to up his chest pt and sent us on our way. We will check in with them early this week but after more research on Atelectasis I am a bit more concerned than the clinic appeared to be.

Anyone else experience this dx and what was the method of treatment/intervention subsribed? I really appreciate all the feedback and I am an avid reader of the forum site I find that it is a useful tool in figuring out this complex disease.

wiltonnh

Hello-

wiltonnh

Hello-

wiltonnh

Hello-
<br />
<br />My youngest child 1.2 years old has cf and was seen at the hospital this past Friday because of severe coughing fits. XRAY revealed an Atelectasis on his upper left lobe. The clinic gave us pulmozyne and told us to up his chest pt and sent us on our way. We will check in with them early this week but after more research on Atelectasis I am a bit more concerned than the clinic appeared to be.
<br />
<br />Anyone else experience this dx and what was the method of treatment/intervention subsribed? I really appreciate all the feedback and I am an avid reader of the forum site I find that it is a useful tool in figuring out this complex disease.
<br />

T

Terry

Hi!

Fortunately my SD has not had this happen to her. But I would DEFINITELY advise getting a vest. I think the vest does a much better job than we do. She consistently gets "beaten" from all sides at once. Marissa actually likes her vest.

Good Luck!

Terry

T

Terry

Hi!

Fortunately my SD has not had this happen to her. But I would DEFINITELY advise getting a vest. I think the vest does a much better job than we do. She consistently gets "beaten" from all sides at once. Marissa actually likes her vest.

Good Luck!

Terry

T

Terry

Hi!

Good Luck!

Terry

T

Terry

Hi!

Good Luck!

Terry

T

Terry

Hi!
<br />
<br />Fortunately my SD has not had this happen to her. But I would DEFINITELY advise getting a vest. I think the vest does a much better job than we do. She consistently gets "beaten" from all sides at once. Marissa actually likes her vest.
<br />
<br />
<br />Good Luck!
<br />
<br />Terry

S

sdelorenzo

Both of my kid's had atelectasis of the upper right lung when they were around 3 months old. My son just had it again this past month after coming down with the flu. I took him into the dr because of severe coughing fits too. While they couldn't hear anything wrong with his lungs, x-rays showed atelectasis of the upper right lung. The drs also called it pneumonia. My kids were always treated with two weeks of IV's. Each time the atelectasis did not improve right away according to the x-rays even though the coughing got a lot better. It took a few months to see an improvement on the x-rays. They were also put on Tobi.
Sharon, mom of Sophia, 6 and Jack, 4 both with cf

S

sdelorenzo

Both of my kid's had atelectasis of the upper right lung when they were around 3 months old. My son just had it again this past month after coming down with the flu. I took him into the dr because of severe coughing fits too. While they couldn't hear anything wrong with his lungs, x-rays showed atelectasis of the upper right lung. The drs also called it pneumonia. My kids were always treated with two weeks of IV's. Each time the atelectasis did not improve right away according to the x-rays even though the coughing got a lot better. It took a few months to see an improvement on the x-rays. They were also put on Tobi.

S

sdelorenzo

S

sdelorenzo

S

sdelorenzo

<br />Sharon, mom of Sophia, 6 and Jack, 4 both with cf

purplemartin

Hmmm, I would almost request IV's..........

We are actually here with Briceton in the hospital now due to pneumonia and a partially collapsed lung. This is his second admission for pneumonia/collapsed lung, and they immediately hospitalized him for IV infusions both times, heck the first time he was even flown out.

Briceton had extreme temps (103.9) with both exacerbations, elevated coughing, and completely lethargic.

purplemartin

We are actually here with Briceton in the hospital now due to pneumonia and a partially collapsed lung. This is his second admission for pneumonia/collapsed lung, and they immediately hospitalized him for IV infusions both times, heck the first time he was even flown out.

Briceton had extreme temps (103.9) with both exacerbations, elevated coughing, and completely lethargic.

purplemartin

purplemartin

purplemartin

<br />
<br />We are actually here with Briceton in the hospital now due to pneumonia and a partially collapsed lung. This is his second admission for pneumonia/collapsed lung, and they immediately hospitalized him for IV infusions both times, heck the first time he was even flown out.
<br />
<br />Briceton had extreme temps (103.9) with both exacerbations, elevated coughing, and completely lethargic.
<br />