Aztreanam, anyone???

Philipians4four

I recently started taking Aztreanam instead of the Tobi treatments. It hasn't been a month yet, and I can't quite judge how well it's working myself. But it is sooooo long! And STICKY! and it hardly comes out of my PARI neb, so I could be sittingthere for an hour doing just ONE treatment. Plus, it's a mix-it-yourself deal. Basically, it is a lot of work, a lot of time, and I wonder how much better this stuff really is than Tobi? And does everyone who uses it have the same issues? Am I alone here? Suggestions, please! Comments, please!

Ugh.

Joy 19yrs w/ CF, TX hopeful

Philipians4four

I recently started taking Aztreanam instead of the Tobi treatments. It hasn't been a month yet, and I can't quite judge how well it's working myself. But it is sooooo long! And STICKY! and it hardly comes out of my PARI neb, so I could be sittingthere for an hour doing just ONE treatment. Plus, it's a mix-it-yourself deal. Basically, it is a lot of work, a lot of time, and I wonder how much better this stuff really is than Tobi? And does everyone who uses it have the same issues? Am I alone here? Suggestions, please! Comments, please!

Ugh.

Philipians4four

Ugh.

Philipians4four

Ugh.

Philipians4four

<br />
<br /> Ugh.
<br />
<br />Joy 19yrs w/ CF, TX hopeful

tara

I've been inhaling the IV form of Aztreonam for 4 years now. I love it. It stinks, it's sticky and yes, it does take awhile, but here's what I do. I reconstitute 1 gram with 3mL sterile water. Then when you pull it out of the vial it is 4mL of solution. It takes me about 20 minutes in my Pari LC Plus, and toward the end, it does get so sticky, sometimes it get stuck, that's when I know it's done. I always wash that neb immediately because it's such sticky stuff.

Hang in there Joy. I prefer Aztreonam over TOBI. Personally I cannot tolerate TOBI anymore, so I alternate inhaled Aztreonam (IV) with inhaled Ceftaz (IV) every two weeks. 2 weeks on one, 2 weeks on another, no "off" month.

tara

I've been inhaling the IV form of Aztreonam for 4 years now. I love it. It stinks, it's sticky and yes, it does take awhile, but here's what I do. I reconstitute 1 gram with 3mL sterile water. Then when you pull it out of the vial it is 4mL of solution. It takes me about 20 minutes in my Pari LC Plus, and toward the end, it does get so sticky, sometimes it get stuck, that's when I know it's done. I always wash that neb immediately because it's such sticky stuff.

Hang in there Joy. I prefer Aztreonam over TOBI. Personally I cannot tolerate TOBI anymore, so I alternate inhaled Aztreonam (IV) with inhaled Ceftaz (IV) every two weeks. 2 weeks on one, 2 weeks on another, no "off" month.

tara

tara

tara

<br />
<br />Hang in there Joy. I prefer Aztreonam over TOBI. Personally I cannot tolerate TOBI anymore, so I alternate inhaled Aztreonam (IV) with inhaled Ceftaz (IV) every two weeks. 2 weeks on one, 2 weeks on another, no "off" month.

Philipians4four

Thanks Tara! I'll keep hangin in there and give it another chance. Last night my Aztreanam got so stuck after two minutes, I washed it out, filled it with new and tried again. Then the new one got stuck so I tried using a whole new nebulizer, but it STILL got stuck. So since I wasn't getting the treatment anyway I decided to give into temptation and threw it across the room out of frustration. HAHA! But today I'll try the 3mL. See how it works out.

Thanks!
Joy

Philipians4four

Thanks Tara! I'll keep hangin in there and give it another chance. Last night my Aztreanam got so stuck after two minutes, I washed it out, filled it with new and tried again. Then the new one got stuck so I tried using a whole new nebulizer, but it STILL got stuck. So since I wasn't getting the treatment anyway I decided to give into temptation and threw it across the room out of frustration. HAHA! But today I'll try the 3mL. See how it works out.

Thanks!
Joy

Philipians4four

Thanks!
Joy

Philipians4four

Thanks!
Joy

Philipians4four

<br />
<br />Thanks!
<br /> Joy

NoExcuses

keep in mind that aztreonam will be out soon with a dose for the eFlow in about 6-12 months.... so it should take a lot less time

NoExcuses

keep in mind that aztreonam will be out soon with a dose for the eFlow in about 6-12 months.... so it should take a lot less time

NoExcuses

NoExcuses

NoExcuses