aztreonam expanded access

Jeana

Azli is another name for Aztreonam. The inhaled Cipro is a different study, although it may use the eFlow, as well.

Jeana

Azli is another name for Aztreonam. The inhaled Cipro is a different study, although it may use the eFlow, as well.

Jeana

Jeana

Jeana

RonnieSharpe

Don't quote me, but I think you can get AZLI under an "expanded access" clause under certain cases. One can be that nothing else works and your lung function is low and dropping. I know some other CFers are on it for that reason.

It is my understanding that inhaled Cipro will be delivered in a "writing pen" looking thingamajig. You insert a capsule into the "pen", press a button that results in crushing of the capsule, then inhale. I'm actually looking into that study for early 2010!

RonnieSharpe

Don't quote me, but I think you can get AZLI under an "expanded access" clause under certain cases. One can be that nothing else works and your lung function is low and dropping. I know some other CFers are on it for that reason.

It is my understanding that inhaled Cipro will be delivered in a "writing pen" looking thingamajig. You insert a capsule into the "pen", press a button that results in crushing of the capsule, then inhale. I'm actually looking into that study for early 2010!

RonnieSharpe

RonnieSharpe

RonnieSharpe

<br />
<br />It is my understanding that inhaled Cipro will be delivered in a "writing pen" looking thingamajig. You insert a capsule into the "pen", press a button that results in crushing of the capsule, then inhale. I'm actually looking into that study for early 2010!

LouLou

No manitol is another medicine.
Inhaled cipro is not manitol.
There are two medicines in trial that are being administered with the crushed pill inhale method sickboy describes. TIP (tobra inhaled powder) and cipro inhaled powder.
Azli is inhaled aztreonam. It is brand named Cayston.

LouLou

There are two medicines in trial that are being administered with the crushed pill inhale method sickboy describes. TIP (tobra inhaled powder) and cipro inhaled powder.

LouLou

LouLou

LouLou

<br />Inhaled cipro is not manitol.
<br />There are two medicines in trial that are being administered with the crushed pill inhale method sickboy describes. TIP (tobra inhaled powder) and cipro inhaled powder.
<br />Azli is inhaled aztreonam. It is brand named Cayston.