Baby choking? Normal? IN hospital!

ashmomo

(This thread was origianlly started in the 'Newly Diagnosed' section by MUMMY if you want to read from the beginning. I thought I'd move it here cuz she really needs some support and or advice and I know more people will see it here. She is from Africa and they have no CF doc.)
This was her last post:

Baby vomitted and choked again. Started gasping and managed to reach her to hospital on time.
She had severe pneumonia and was on antibiotics via IV for 8 days.
they taught me how to suction her lungs and asked me to do it at least 3 times a day!!! Is that normal????? Suctioning, i mean.... does anyone do that???
Was just settling into that routine and she choked again after vomitting..... in ICU again.
The doctors are pushing us to do a tracheostomy........ i cant see any CF people having done that on the net!

Please can s/one tell me if suctioning is normal?? And is tracheostomy a solution????
i really need help, as they are working on her on a trial and error basis!!!

--- for her reflux i give her omeprazole... 1/6th of a capsule.... may be i need to increase that???

ashmomo

(This thread was origianlly started in the 'Newly Diagnosed' section by MUMMY if you want to read from the beginning. I thought I'd move it here cuz she really needs some support and or advice and I know more people will see it here. She is from Africa and they have no CF doc.)
This was her last post:

Baby vomitted and choked again. Started gasping and managed to reach her to hospital on time.
they taught me how to suction her lungs and asked me to do it at least 3 times a day!!! Is that normal????? Suctioning, i mean.... does anyone do that???
Was just settling into that routine and she choked again after vomitting..... in ICU again.
The doctors are pushing us to do a tracheostomy........ i cant see any CF people having done that on the net!

Please can s/one tell me if suctioning is normal?? And is tracheostomy a solution????

--- for her reflux i give her omeprazole... 1/6th of a capsule.... may be i need to increase that???

ashmomo

This was her last post:

ashmomo

This was her last post:

ashmomo

<br />This was her last post:
<br />
<br />Baby vomitted and choked again. Started gasping and managed to reach her to hospital on time.
<br />She had severe pneumonia and was on antibiotics via IV for 8 days.
<br />they taught me how to suction her lungs and asked me to do it at least 3 times a day!!! Is that normal????? Suctioning, i mean.... does anyone do that???
<br />Was just settling into that routine and she choked again after vomitting..... in ICU again.
<br />The doctors are pushing us to do a tracheostomy........ i cant see any CF people having done that on the net!
<br />
<br />Please can s/one tell me if suctioning is normal?? And is tracheostomy a solution????
<br />i really need help, as they are working on her on a trial and error basis!!!
<br />
<br />--- for her reflux i give her omeprazole... 1/6th of a capsule.... may be i need to increase that???

crickit715

sounds like horrible reflux to me...alot of cf kids have it and need nissan procedures like my daughter did. when she was very small she vomitted all of the time and i couldnt even lay her down to change her diaper because she would aspirate. i never "suctioned" anything out of her, but they did the nissan procedure and but her on prevacid and she is fine.

crickit715

sounds like horrible reflux to me...alot of cf kids have it and need nissan procedures like my daughter did. when she was very small she vomitted all of the time and i couldnt even lay her down to change her diaper because she would aspirate. i never "suctioned" anything out of her, but they did the nissan procedure and but her on prevacid and she is fine.

crickit715

crickit715

crickit715