Bactrim

Havoc

Yes, try taking it with food or milk. You might also ask them about compazine. It might be a little less drying than benadryl, although it's very similar pharmacologically.

cf4life

Make sure you are drinking plenty of water. As with any antibiotic you should drink extra water; however, I believe this is especially important with sulfa drugs like bactrim.

cf4life

Make sure you are drinking plenty of water. As with any antibiotic you should drink extra water; however, I believe this is especially important with sulfa drugs like bactrim.

cf4life

randmel89

I am allergic to Bactrim due to sever vomiting, but before I was taken off of it I was told to eat crackers before I took it and then eat toast right after taking it although in my case that didnt work because with in 20 minutes of taking it I was vomiting. I hope you find something to help you through this.. God Speed..

randmel89

I am allergic to Bactrim due to sever vomiting, but before I was taken off of it I was told to eat crackers before I took it and then eat toast right after taking it although in my case that didnt work because with in 20 minutes of taking it I was vomiting. I hope you find something to help you through this.. God Speed..

randmel89

MissAlex27

I have the same horrible reactions to Bactrim. I just finished a 2-week oral antibiotic course and the only thing that kept me going through it this time was the Zofran that dissolves in your mouth. Phenagren used to work, but I would throw it up as soon as I took it. This new Zofran worked amazing, but it made extremely dizzy to the point where I couldn't work. <div><br></div><div>When I have Bactrim through IV, they pre-medicate with Zofran, and then give me Phenagran.</div>

MissAlex27

I have the same horrible reactions to Bactrim. I just finished a 2-week oral antibiotic course and the only thing that kept me going through it this time was the Zofran that dissolves in your mouth. Phenagren used to work, but I would throw it up as soon as I took it. This new Zofran worked amazing, but it made extremely dizzy to the point where I couldn't work. <br>When I have Bactrim through IV, they pre-medicate with Zofran, and then give me Phenagran.

MissAlex27

I have the same horrible reactions to Bactrim. I just finished a 2-week oral antibiotic course and the only thing that kept me going through it this time was the Zofran that dissolves in your mouth. Phenagren used to work, but I would throw it up as soon as I took it. This new Zofran worked amazing, but it made extremely dizzy to the point where I couldn't work. <br>When I have Bactrim through IV, they pre-medicate with Zofran, and then give me Phenagran.

theLostMiler

I normally havve a lot of nausea on bactrim, food helps. last time I took it though I was on DS, 2 pills 3 x a day... I was having a horrible time... I ended up having fibromyalgia symptoms and after I think 14 or 21 days, we ended up stopping the treatment early since the side effects were making me worse just going on w/o the treatment. I was afraid I would have fibromyalgia symptoms forever, but luckily all the effects were gone after a day or two of stopping the meds.
I also was on megace which always works for me but even w/ the megace was unable to work up any type of appetite..

theLostMiler

I normally havve a lot of nausea on bactrim, food helps. last time I took it though I was on DS, 2 pills 3 x a day... I was having a horrible time... I ended up having fibromyalgia symptoms and after I think 14 or 21 days, we ended up stopping the treatment early since the side effects were making me worse just going on w/o the treatment. I was afraid I would have fibromyalgia symptoms forever, but luckily all the effects were gone after a day or two of stopping the meds.
I also was on megace which always works for me but even w/ the megace was unable to work up any type of appetite..

theLostMiler

<br />I also was on megace which always works for me but even w/ the megace was unable to work up any type of appetite..

Shelbyville

Hello:  <div><br></div><div>Not too bad however don't expect any sound sleep besides that not much else.</div><div><br></div><div>Steve</div>