behavior problems with cf kids

kybert

id say it has nothing to do with cf. thats just part of being a teen.

wow lori, either those instructors were male or they were women who thought they were hot sh!t. i have found no difference between the attitudes of male and female cfers. if there were to be a difference, the males may be worse because they have more issues with denial.

kybert

wow lori, either those instructors were male or they were women who thought they were hot sh!t. i have found no difference between the attitudes of male and female cfers. if there were to be a difference, the males may be worse because they have more issues with denial.

kybert

2perfectboys

Kylie,
no they were both females, but i think the thing is that females in general can be more demanding, we by our nature don't care to speak our mind, some men hold back and r easier going. Not saying that this is necessiarly bad, and I would maybe agree that more men could be in denail more than women are. Men are taught to be tough where women find it easier to seek help. But even being a female, I will still say I would rather work with a bunch of guys anyday than with a bunch of women, much less drama.

2perfectboys

Kylie,
no they were both females, but i think the thing is that females in general can be more demanding, we by our nature don't care to speak our mind, some men hold back and r easier going. Not saying that this is necessiarly bad, and I would maybe agree that more men could be in denail more than women are. Men are taught to be tough where women find it easier to seek help. But even being a female, I will still say I would rather work with a bunch of guys anyday than with a bunch of women, much less drama.

2perfectboys

Kylie,

Darinsmom

HI, i have a 9yr. old with Cf male- and he is having attitude also! I think because he has a litttle brother that's 2 and all of the attention isn't on him a lot and his age! It's hard to be patient but that's what we need to do. I don't agree with Emily65roses about her statement about dying anyway! i doubt she is thinking of that and Cfers can have a long happy life! I thought that statement was rude!

Laurie

Darinsmom

HI, i have a 9yr. old with Cf male- and he is having attitude also! I think because he has a litttle brother that's 2 and all of the attention isn't on him a lot and his age! It's hard to be patient but that's what we need to do. I don't agree with Emily65roses about her statement about dying anyway! i doubt she is thinking of that and Cfers can have a long happy life! I thought that statement was rude!

Laurie

Darinsmom

Laurie

R

RiRi

Here's my 2 cents. I agree with the above in that I think it has more to do with being 14. I also think being the middle child is very very hard. I am one and felt left out alot. The older sibling was with Dad and the young was Mom's baby. The is especially true if the middle is the only girl. As far as Cf kids mine is only two. He is very sweet but also stubborn.

R

RiRi

Here's my 2 cents. I agree with the above in that I think it has more to do with being 14. I also think being the middle child is very very hard. I am one and felt left out alot. The older sibling was with Dad and the young was Mom's baby. The is especially true if the middle is the only girl. As far as Cf kids mine is only two. He is very sweet but also stubborn.

R

RiRi

wanderlost

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>kybert</b></i>

wow lori, either those instructors were male or they were women who thought they were hot sh!t. i have found no difference between the attitudes of male and female cfers. if there were to be a difference, the males may be worse because they have more issues with denial.</end quote></div>

Denial was my problem until only recently....but especially bad as a teen. I don't know that that is a male/female thing though.

wanderlost

wow lori, either those instructors were male or they were women who thought they were hot sh!t. i have found no difference between the attitudes of male and female cfers. if there were to be a difference, the males may be worse because they have more issues with denial.</end quote></div>

Denial was my problem until only recently....but especially bad as a teen. I don't know that that is a male/female thing though.

wanderlost

wormsmom

Hey thanks everyone.....we talked a little more last night and i explained to her that i love her and would honestly lay down my life for her. This morning went a little better we will see what today holds. Please say a prayer for us if you pray.
Thanks

wormsmom

Hey thanks everyone.....we talked a little more last night and i explained to her that i love her and would honestly lay down my life for her. This morning went a little better we will see what today holds. Please say a prayer for us if you pray.
Thanks

wormsmom

Thanks

ReneeP

I can definately sympathize with you. My 12 year old daugher (also with CF and a middle child) can send me over the edge in a heartbeat and has many times. I agree with most of the others who said that it's mostly just being a teenager and being a girl. But I do think the CF plays a role as well...at least for my daughter it does. She feels that she has to compensate for being "different". She has to work much harder than the other kids to be "cool". That makes it very difficult. She hates having to take enzymes at school. And since she was just diagnosed with CFRD and is going to have to start taking insulin at school too, I can imagine it will only get worse. That will start tomorrow. She is just starting back tomorrow after having been out of school for a hospitalization and for Christmas break.

Good luck with your daughter and if you find any good ideas on how to deal with it, please share with me... :)