BELLY BUTTON

Seana30

Do any Cfers have their belly button's pierced and did your CF doc's say there could be any complications?

My teenage girls are trying to convince us to let them get their's pierced.

Thanks

Seana

Seana30

Do any Cfers have their belly button's pierced and did your CF doc's say there could be any complications?

Thanks

Seana

Seana30

Thanks

Seana

coltsfan715

I do not currently have my bellybutton pierced but I DID. I got mine pierced the week of my 18th birthday and had it for about 3 yrs - never any problems. I had people say taht it could cause problems if - IF - it got infected but so long as you keep it clean so it can heal it should be fine. I will also say that in the event that your girls are beach goers - they need to stay away for a few weeks until it heals properly. If you get sand in there (speaking from experience) it is horrible, can cause irritation and possible infection.

I ultimatly took mine out because I realized my belly button was cuter BEFORE I had that piece of metal in it. The weight of the "ring" weighed down the top of my bellybutton turning it into more of a round shape than and oval shape lol. I know I am odd but I like the oval shape better and I decided that I wanted it to go back. It has been 3 years now since I took it out and I still have a hole where it went in - it is grown up in the middle though so NO ring could go through it.

Hope your girls enjoy it if they do get one.
Lindsey

coltsfan715

I do not currently have my bellybutton pierced but I DID. I got mine pierced the week of my 18th birthday and had it for about 3 yrs - never any problems. I had people say taht it could cause problems if - IF - it got infected but so long as you keep it clean so it can heal it should be fine. I will also say that in the event that your girls are beach goers - they need to stay away for a few weeks until it heals properly. If you get sand in there (speaking from experience) it is horrible, can cause irritation and possible infection.

I ultimatly took mine out because I realized my belly button was cuter BEFORE I had that piece of metal in it. The weight of the "ring" weighed down the top of my bellybutton turning it into more of a round shape than and oval shape lol. I know I am odd but I like the oval shape better and I decided that I wanted it to go back. It has been 3 years now since I took it out and I still have a hole where it went in - it is grown up in the middle though so NO ring could go through it.

Lindsey

coltsfan715

Lindsey

julie

Not a CFer here, but from one woman to another..... if they EVER want kids, I would seriously recommend against it. Granted, I had 3 little ones growing in there but I know so many women who regret it after having children. I took mine out 4 years ago, and still have this HUGE scar from my stomach stretching. I have friends/coworkers who've had the same problem and just had one baby. Just a coinsideration.

I got mine done at 16, my mom actually took me. It was great, but if I had to do it over again, thinking a little into the future and KNOWING I wanted kids someday.... I would NOT have done it.

As far as it being pierced and CF is concerned, I can't imainge it would be a problem. No different really than having peirced ears. Mark has his tongue pierced and has for about 10 years now, with no problems whatsoever. I'd say as long as they are taking care of it, cleaning it, wearing good quality rings, it should not be a problem.

julie

Not a CFer here, but from one woman to another..... if they EVER want kids, I would seriously recommend against it. Granted, I had 3 little ones growing in there but I know so many women who regret it after having children. I took mine out 4 years ago, and still have this HUGE scar from my stomach stretching. I have friends/coworkers who've had the same problem and just had one baby. Just a coinsideration.

I got mine done at 16, my mom actually took me. It was great, but if I had to do it over again, thinking a little into the future and KNOWING I wanted kids someday.... I would NOT have done it.

As far as it being pierced and CF is concerned, I can't imainge it would be a problem. No different really than having peirced ears. Mark has his tongue pierced and has for about 10 years now, with no problems whatsoever. I'd say as long as they are taking care of it, cleaning it, wearing good quality rings, it should not be a problem.

julie

I

IG

It's not really a problem.
Even after transplant and being immunocompromised (when it was heavily advised against it I did it) it was fine.
Just keep it clean afterwards and know your stuff.

I went to the best piercer in San Antonio. Won awards from the city paper for having the best place....
They had a health inspection license from the city hanging out in the office, used the right protocol. (Used clean new sterile equipment) They told me and gave me a sheet of paperwork with after care instructions on it. Told me that if I had troubles with it afterwards do not hesitate to go right on it and have them look at it.

Anyway the piercer you choose makes a difference so make sure you have a good one.
The good ones will tell you what is involved in the process, will use new equipment for every person, give you aftercare instructions and the place will be clean. If you feel unsure about the place don't get pierced there!

I

IG

Even after transplant and being immunocompromised (when it was heavily advised against it I did it) it was fine.

I went to the best piercer in San Antonio. Won awards from the city paper for having the best place....
They had a health inspection license from the city hanging out in the office, used the right protocol. (Used clean new sterile equipment) They told me and gave me a sheet of paperwork with after care instructions on it. Told me that if I had troubles with it afterwards do not hesitate to go right on it and have them look at it.

Anyway the piercer you choose makes a difference so make sure you have a good one.
The good ones will tell you what is involved in the process, will use new equipment for every person, give you aftercare instructions and the place will be clean. If you feel unsure about the place don't get pierced there!

I

IG

thelizardqueen

I've had my belly button pierced 3 times. The first time I had it for about a year then took it out. The last two times my body rejected the jewelry that I was using, so I had to take it out. I don't think you should be too concerned. The only thing I would worry about is keeping it clean and make sure that it heals properly. Other then that there should be no problems.

thelizardqueen

I've had my belly button pierced 3 times. The first time I had it for about a year then took it out. The last two times my body rejected the jewelry that I was using, so I had to take it out. I don't think you should be too concerned. The only thing I would worry about is keeping it clean and make sure that it heals properly. Other then that there should be no problems.

thelizardqueen

Seana30

Thanks all!!

I appreciate all the info!

We still have not decided if we are going to let them or not (or I should say my hubby has not decided because I am okay with it).

I appreciate it!

Seana

Seana30

Thanks all!!

I appreciate all the info!

We still have not decided if we are going to let them or not (or I should say my hubby has not decided because I am okay with it).

I appreciate it!

Seana