BELLY BUTTON

thefrogprincess

I have mine pierce. I got it a few months after I turned 18. I did get an infection but I learned later that I'm allergic to the nickel in stainless steel, if I had worn a gold ring it would have been fine. I recommend starting with a ring instead of a barbell because they can turn it all the way around when they clean it which means they'll get the entire ring cleaned. They can also put some neosprin on it for the first week. It does take about 6 months to fully heal.

thefrogprincess

I have mine pierce. I got it a few months after I turned 18. I did get an infection but I learned later that I'm allergic to the nickel in stainless steel, if I had worn a gold ring it would have been fine. I recommend starting with a ring instead of a barbell because they can turn it all the way around when they clean it which means they'll get the entire ring cleaned. They can also put some neosprin on it for the first week. It does take about 6 months to fully heal.

thefrogprincess

Another note that I forgot. DO NOT CLEAN IT WITH ALCOHOL OR PEROXIDE. Alchol will dry out the skin, and peroxide can actually eat away at the metal (you know how it bubbles, that erodes the metal). I used to be an ear piercer at Claire's. The best thing is neosporin and bactine. Besides, those don't sting the new piercing because they both have a mild anesthetic.

thefrogprincess

Another note that I forgot. DO NOT CLEAN IT WITH ALCOHOL OR PEROXIDE. Alchol will dry out the skin, and peroxide can actually eat away at the metal (you know how it bubbles, that erodes the metal). I used to be an ear piercer at Claire's. The best thing is neosporin and bactine. Besides, those don't sting the new piercing because they both have a mild anesthetic.

thefrogprincess

F

fr3ak

did my own when I was 18 (32 now) (I also pierced my best friends belly button LOL)
Never had any problems with it or any of the others I've had done

Best thing to clean your new piercing with is sea salt in warm water (pretty much all you need, or all Ive ever needed and I have a few)

I have done several piercings post tx and never had an infection (touch wood)

good luck

F

fr3ak

did my own when I was 18 (32 now) (I also pierced my best friends belly button LOL)

Best thing to clean your new piercing with is sea salt in warm water (pretty much all you need, or all Ive ever needed and I have a few)

good luck

F

fr3ak

good luck

MCPappy

for the longest time my mom tried to tell me she thought that i shouldnt get a belly button/nose/ tongue ring...becasue of "bacteria and infection".... she just didnt want me to get one....

I asked my doc and she said it was fine.... pierce away =)

MCPappy

for the longest time my mom tried to tell me she thought that i shouldnt get a belly button/nose/ tongue ring...becasue of "bacteria and infection".... she just didnt want me to get one....

MCPappy

jbrandonAW

Sea salt is what I've used on all mine, well except my tongue I used mouth wash. I've never had any of mine piercings get infected.

jbrandonAW

Sea salt is what I've used on all mine, well except my tongue I used mouth wash. I've never had any of mine piercings get infected.

jbrandonAW

Seana30

Thank you all for the info!!

Hubby still has not decided if he is going to let the girls get it done, but I will post when he makes up his mind!!

Seana

Seana30

Hubby still has not decided if he is going to let the girls get it done, but I will post when he makes up his mind!!

Seana

Seana30

Seana

dyza

do you not have an age limit to body peircing in the States, I think we have here in the UK, and its 16. But you know I could be wrong.
Our daughter asked if she couldonly last week, shes 13, I said yes, but not when shes living under my roof. Do you think I was too harsh.

dyza

do you not have an age limit to body peircing in the States, I think we have here in the UK, and its 16. But you know I could be wrong.
Our daughter asked if she couldonly last week, shes 13, I said yes, but not when shes living under my roof. Do you think I was too harsh.

dyza