Benefit Dinner

bagged2drag

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.health.state.ny.us/diseases/cystic_fibrosis/get_help.htm">NYSDOH Program for Adults with CF (Adult Cystic Fibrosis Assistance Program)</a>

I didn't see too much as far as income deductibles or anything, but have you applied for the CF assistance program in New York?

I'm not sure about there, but I know the program here in wisconsin will cover anyone with certifiable history of cf. Income doesn't matter as far as getting coverage, it only affects the co-pays and out of pocket maximum.

Let me know if this helps or not, I will look for other resources. Also, have you tried getting hold of Genentech or any of the other medication manufacturers? They will often help out if you are having a hard time affording the prescriptions. They also have endowment programs.

Good luck.

bagged2drag

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.health.state.ny.us/diseases/cystic_fibrosis/get_help.htm">NYSDOH Program for Adults with CF (Adult Cystic Fibrosis Assistance Program)</a>

I didn't see too much as far as income deductibles or anything, but have you applied for the CF assistance program in New York?

I'm not sure about there, but I know the program here in wisconsin will cover anyone with certifiable history of cf. Income doesn't matter as far as getting coverage, it only affects the co-pays and out of pocket maximum.

Let me know if this helps or not, I will look for other resources. Also, have you tried getting hold of Genentech or any of the other medication manufacturers? They will often help out if you are having a hard time affording the prescriptions. They also have endowment programs.

Good luck.

bagged2drag

Good luck.

bagged2drag

Good luck.

bagged2drag

Good luck.

rotandroll

It might help you guys a bit to ask your doctors to write for generic meds when acceptable. I can't believe your COPAY on Cipro was $85.00... I paid out of pocket (no insurance) for a bottle of generic Cipro last month (14-day supply) and it was less than $15.00 in its entirety.

There are a lot of medications that shouldn't be substituted for generics (enzymes, etc) and there are also a lot of CF medications that aren't offered in generic, but try for generics when you can.

rotandroll

It might help you guys a bit to ask your doctors to write for generic meds when acceptable. I can't believe your COPAY on Cipro was $85.00... I paid out of pocket (no insurance) for a bottle of generic Cipro last month (14-day supply) and it was less than $15.00 in its entirety.

There are a lot of medications that shouldn't be substituted for generics (enzymes, etc) and there are also a lot of CF medications that aren't offered in generic, but try for generics when you can.

rotandroll

rotandroll

rotandroll

That is some nasty prices to pay for meds but I do understand. We were so lucky my parents were in law enforcement because our family was covered under government insurance and then after Dad retired we fell below the income bracket so my sister was able to be covered through state insurance.

There have been so many helpful suggestions from others on here already so I won't echo them but I did want to comment about something you said. You won't be a failure if you do choose to change professions or quit your job. Your children have CF and you are dealing with so much worry and extra duties caring for them that is well above the normal "job" of being a Mom. If you do end up quitting your job you will be able to devote yourself more in time to their cause and that in itself isn't a failure one bit. On the otherhand the concern would be if you were able to make it financially without the worry of prescriptions if you were to quit your job, so make sure you do the pro's and con's before you consider something like that.

The copays you're paying are way way too high. It would be a very good time to talk to your employer about the choices in insurance at the very least and see if there are other options that can be considered ie. a second choice in insurance that can be chosen by employees. There are times that employers will consider going with another insurance carrier or take on another choice for their employees so make sure you take the time to at least try to get them to consider that option. You also may speak to your employer and explain your situation and outgoing cost. If they know they might lose you with the outgoing costs there may be more they can do to help so they don't lose you as a valuable resource.

The other suggestions from everyone else was wonderful too. Hopefully this will give you some options to try so you don't feel so isolated and good luck!

That is some nasty prices to pay for meds but I do understand. We were so lucky my parents were in law enforcement because our family was covered under government insurance and then after Dad retired we fell below the income bracket so my sister was able to be covered through state insurance.

There have been so many helpful suggestions from others on here already so I won't echo them but I did want to comment about something you said. You won't be a failure if you do choose to change professions or quit your job. Your children have CF and you are dealing with so much worry and extra duties caring for them that is well above the normal "job" of being a Mom. If you do end up quitting your job you will be able to devote yourself more in time to their cause and that in itself isn't a failure one bit. On the otherhand the concern would be if you were able to make it financially without the worry of prescriptions if you were to quit your job, so make sure you do the pro's and con's before you consider something like that.

The copays you're paying are way way too high. It would be a very good time to talk to your employer about the choices in insurance at the very least and see if there are other options that can be considered ie. a second choice in insurance that can be chosen by employees. There are times that employers will consider going with another insurance carrier or take on another choice for their employees so make sure you take the time to at least try to get them to consider that option. You also may speak to your employer and explain your situation and outgoing cost. If they know they might lose you with the outgoing costs there may be more they can do to help so they don't lose you as a valuable resource.

The other suggestions from everyone else was wonderful too. Hopefully this will give you some options to try so you don't feel so isolated and good luck!

3gr8kids

thx so much everyone i really app all the info....we will figure it out.....i guess we all do!!! your the best!

3gr8kids

thx so much everyone i really app all the info....we will figure it out.....i guess we all do!!! your the best!

3gr8kids

3gr8kids

3gr8kids