birth control methods

marisalynn

I also have Mirena. I haven't used anything else, so I don't have anything to compare it to, but I like it. I don't have cramps with my periods anymore, and I only have a period about once every 3 months. When I first got it, though, I bled lightly for about a month straight. That kind of scared me, but they said that it happens a lot.

Marisa RN, 22w/cf

marisalynn

I also have Mirena. I haven't used anything else, so I don't have anything to compare it to, but I like it. I don't have cramps with my periods anymore, and I only have a period about once every 3 months. When I first got it, though, I bled lightly for about a month straight. That kind of scared me, but they said that it happens a lot.

Marisa RN, 22w/cf

marisalynn

Marisa RN, 22w/cf

marisalynn

Marisa RN, 22w/cf

marisalynn

<br />
<br />Marisa RN, 22w/cf

C

Cutecurlz

I had an IUD...it worked and I too had spotting but it was just because your body is trying to push out a foreign object, the spotting does stop. Birth Control never regulated my period so I stopped taking the pill. As of May/07 i got my tubes tied, periods are lighter BUT BUT...I have PMS now, never used to before the tubal. Now I get cramping to the point Im crying, blood clots and if you look in the dictionary for the meaning of BITCH...you'll see my pic. All the research I have done about the after effects of a tubal, if I knew then what I know now I wouldn't have gotten the tubal done. Going from NO PMS to being a complete BITCH, and I mean BITCH, I wish I can undo it but 9/10 dotors won't do a reversal tubal. I wanted a hysterectomy but the OBGYN said no cause Im going to go through Menopause in a few years so we'll just do a tubal.

So if I could do it all over again...I would opt for the IUD. It worked for me, but it effects each person different.

Hope this helps/ed.

(P.S) I am 41 with NO kids and CF with CFRD

C

Cutecurlz

I had an IUD...it worked and I too had spotting but it was just because your body is trying to push out a foreign object, the spotting does stop. Birth Control never regulated my period so I stopped taking the pill. As of May/07 i got my tubes tied, periods are lighter BUT BUT...I have PMS now, never used to before the tubal. Now I get cramping to the point Im crying, blood clots and if you look in the dictionary for the meaning of BITCH...you'll see my pic. All the research I have done about the after effects of a tubal, if I knew then what I know now I wouldn't have gotten the tubal done. Going from NO PMS to being a complete BITCH, and I mean BITCH, I wish I can undo it but 9/10 dotors won't do a reversal tubal. I wanted a hysterectomy but the OBGYN said no cause Im going to go through Menopause in a few years so we'll just do a tubal.

So if I could do it all over again...I would opt for the IUD. It worked for me, but it effects each person different.

Hope this helps/ed.

C

Cutecurlz

Hope this helps/ed.

C

Cutecurlz

Hope this helps/ed.

C

Cutecurlz

<br />
<br />So if I could do it all over again...I would opt for the IUD. It worked for me, but it effects each person different.
<br />
<br />Hope this helps/ed.
<br />
<br />(P.S) I am 41 with NO kids and CF with CFRD

M

MCGrad2006

I used to use the patch and never had a problem with it. It wasnt my favorite, but was suggested by my CF doc at the time because the pills dont have as much effectiveness for a CFer.

Then the Nuvaring was invented...and i loooooove that. Its easy to use and I dont have to worry about it for three weeks out of the month. I think it has worked great for me. I dont usually feel it and havent had a problem with it falling out or anything.

M

MCGrad2006

I used to use the patch and never had a problem with it. It wasnt my favorite, but was suggested by my CF doc at the time because the pills dont have as much effectiveness for a CFer.

Then the Nuvaring was invented...and i loooooove that. Its easy to use and I dont have to worry about it for three weeks out of the month. I think it has worked great for me. I dont usually feel it and havent had a problem with it falling out or anything.

M

MCGrad2006

M

MCGrad2006

M

MCGrad2006

<br />
<br />Then the Nuvaring was invented...and i loooooove that. Its easy to use and I dont have to worry about it for three weeks out of the month. I think it has worked great for me. I dont usually feel it and havent had a problem with it falling out or anything.

LouLou

I have a Paraguard IUD. I wanted a long term, non hormonal birth control method. I've been happy with it.

LouLou

I have a Paraguard IUD. I wanted a long term, non hormonal birth control method. I've been happy with it.

LouLou

LouLou

LouLou