birth control methods

Momtana

Nikki .. Ortho Evra, the patch, has higher consistent levels of estrogen than the pills that have both estrogen and progestin (combined oral contraceptives. the patch levels are consistent; the pill levels go up (after you take it) and down (before you take it again). Anyway there is a greater risk of blood clots and pulmonary embolism with the patch.
I have a question for women who use the Nuva Ring - which is has the lowest hormone levels of these three - do you get more vaginal discharge with the Nuva Ring?

Momtana

Nikki .. Ortho Evra, the patch, has higher consistent levels of estrogen than the pills that have both estrogen and progestin (combined oral contraceptives. the patch levels are consistent; the pill levels go up (after you take it) and down (before you take it again). Anyway there is a greater risk of blood clots and pulmonary embolism with the patch.
I have a question for women who use the Nuva Ring - which is has the lowest hormone levels of these three - do you get more vaginal discharge with the Nuva Ring?

Momtana

Momtana

Momtana

<br />I have a question for women who use the Nuva Ring - which is has the lowest hormone levels of these three - do you get more vaginal discharge with the Nuva Ring?

AimeeSue82

I've tried pills and the patch and now do the Depo Prevera shot. I had problems with the pills and the patch because all the antibiotics I was on would interfere with the effectiveness of the birth control (especially Zithromax). Also, I have very pale, sensitive skin and the patch would leave big red squares on my arm or back for weeks after I had removed it. I love getting the shot. My doc says it won't be a problem with the antibiotics because the shot is only progesterone and not a progesterone/estrogen combo like the pill and patch and ring. Plus I only have to get the shot once every 3 months and it's done! No worse than a flu shot. And it has cut my periods down to just 1 day per month, but a lot of people say they stop completely on the Depo.

~Aimee, 26

AimeeSue82

I've tried pills and the patch and now do the Depo Prevera shot. I had problems with the pills and the patch because all the antibiotics I was on would interfere with the effectiveness of the birth control (especially Zithromax). Also, I have very pale, sensitive skin and the patch would leave big red squares on my arm or back for weeks after I had removed it. I love getting the shot. My doc says it won't be a problem with the antibiotics because the shot is only progesterone and not a progesterone/estrogen combo like the pill and patch and ring. Plus I only have to get the shot once every 3 months and it's done! No worse than a flu shot. And it has cut my periods down to just 1 day per month, but a lot of people say they stop completely on the Depo.

~Aimee, 26

AimeeSue82

~Aimee, 26

AimeeSue82

~Aimee, 26

AimeeSue82

<br />
<br />~Aimee, 26

Momtana

Aimee, there is a concern, generally, about (temporary) loss of bone density for women who use Depo Provera, "the shot". Women with CF already have a risk of bone density concerns because of digestive issues and the steroids we take. Ask your doctor what she thinks about this concern.

Momtana

Aimee, there is a concern, generally, about (temporary) loss of bone density for women who use Depo Provera, "the shot". Women with CF already have a risk of bone density concerns because of digestive issues and the steroids we take. Ask your doctor what she thinks about this concern.

Momtana

Momtana

Momtana