Block in digestive tract?

Mommy2Alysa

Her CF team mentioned using prune juice but its not like she is constipated because she is still pooping (or maybe she is a littel cause it hurts her). We had an xray done and they mentioned they saw something but left it at that and sent us on our way....

She has a clinic appt in a few weeks I wil mention it again but this has been going on for months and they are well aware of the problem. I am frustrated and upset because I cant help her and all I can do is hold her while she cries and pump her legs and stuff.

Is there any medication that I should be asking about... she is only 6.5 months old though.

Mommy2Alysa

Her CF team mentioned using prune juice but its not like she is constipated because she is still pooping (or maybe she is a littel cause it hurts her). We had an xray done and they mentioned they saw something but left it at that and sent us on our way....

She has a clinic appt in a few weeks I wil mention it again but this has been going on for months and they are well aware of the problem. I am frustrated and upset because I cant help her and all I can do is hold her while she cries and pump her legs and stuff.

Is there any medication that I should be asking about... she is only 6.5 months old though.

Mommy2Alysa

Mommy2Alysa

Mommy2Alysa

<br />
<br />She has a clinic appt in a few weeks I wil mention it again but this has been going on for months and they are well aware of the problem. I am frustrated and upset because I cant help her and all I can do is hold her while she cries and pump her legs and stuff.
<br />
<br />Is there any medication that I should be asking about... she is only 6.5 months old though.

sdavis227

Have you asked them about giving her Miralax? DS used it when he was only like 4-5 months old. If she's having a hard time pooping, that means she's constipated.

If I were you, I would try the prune juice like the docs said and if that doesn't work, keep calling the docs until you get an answer.

I'm not sure if I'm right on this, but I think that because of her pushing so hard, she could end up with a prolapsed bowel if something is not done. Again, if I'm wrong on this issue, please let me know.

sdavis227

Have you asked them about giving her Miralax? DS used it when he was only like 4-5 months old. If she's having a hard time pooping, that means she's constipated.

If I were you, I would try the prune juice like the docs said and if that doesn't work, keep calling the docs until you get an answer.

I'm not sure if I'm right on this, but I think that because of her pushing so hard, she could end up with a prolapsed bowel if something is not done. Again, if I'm wrong on this issue, please let me know.

sdavis227

sdavis227

sdavis227

<br />
<br />If I were you, I would try the prune juice like the docs said and if that doesn't work, keep calling the docs until you get an answer.
<br />
<br />I'm not sure if I'm right on this, but I think that because of her pushing so hard, she could end up with a prolapsed bowel if something is not done. Again, if I'm wrong on this issue, please let me know.

Mommy2Alysa

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>sdavis227</b></i>

I think you are right about the bowel they are constantly checking her (or the ER people anyway) and so far she isnt having an issue. I have bene on the phone and email asking her team for help but all I get is "we will talk to Dr. P and get bak to you" okay thanks..... NOT! It is taking forever and of course Kiana looks fine when she isnt pooping. I hate to say it but I am tempted to give her a bottle before her next appt so she will end up screaming so they can see that I am serious.. but again I dont want to intentionally cause her harm ya know?

I'm not sure if I'm right on this, but I think that because of her pushing so hard, she could end up with a prolapsed bowel if something is not done. Again, if I'm wrong on this issue, please let me know.</end quote></div>

Mommy2Alysa

I think you are right about the bowel they are constantly checking her (or the ER people anyway) and so far she isnt having an issue. I have bene on the phone and email asking her team for help but all I get is "we will talk to Dr. P and get bak to you" okay thanks..... NOT! It is taking forever and of course Kiana looks fine when she isnt pooping. I hate to say it but I am tempted to give her a bottle before her next appt so she will end up screaming so they can see that I am serious.. but again I dont want to intentionally cause her harm ya know?

I'm not sure if I'm right on this, but I think that because of her pushing so hard, she could end up with a prolapsed bowel if something is not done. Again, if I'm wrong on this issue, please let me know.</end quote></div>

Mommy2Alysa

Mommy2Alysa

I'm not sure if I'm right on this, but I think that because of her pushing so hard, she could end up with a prolapsed bowel if something is not done. Again, if I'm wrong on this issue, please let me know.</end quote>

Mommy2Alysa

<br />
<br />Have you asked them about giving her Miralax? DS used it when he was only like 4-5 months old. If she's having a hard time pooping, that means she's constipated.
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />If I were you, I would try the prune juice like the docs said and if that doesn't work, keep calling the docs until you get an answer.
<br />
<br />I think you are right about the bowel they are constantly checking her (or the ER people anyway) and so far she isnt having an issue. I have bene on the phone and email asking her team for help but all I get is "we will talk to Dr. P and get bak to you" okay thanks..... NOT! It is taking forever and of course Kiana looks fine when she isnt pooping. I hate to say it but I am tempted to give her a bottle before her next appt so she will end up screaming so they can see that I am serious.. but again I dont want to intentionally cause her harm ya know?
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />I'm not sure if I'm right on this, but I think that because of her pushing so hard, she could end up with a prolapsed bowel if something is not done. Again, if I'm wrong on this issue, please let me know.</end quote>
<br />
<br />

babyjaden2004

Jaden has major bowel issues. We do half a cap every other day and it works great for us. I would tell them and see about giving her a little bit at a time.

babyjaden2004

Jaden has major bowel issues. We do half a cap every other day and it works great for us. I would tell them and see about giving her a little bit at a time.

babyjaden2004

babyjaden2004

babyjaden2004