Breathing Treatments?

ashmomo

My 4 year old was diagnosed after birth and did not start on any breathing treatments til 2 years old, when she started Pulmozyme and has done that daily ever since. It has pretty much been for preventative.
Now, my 6 month old started on breathing treatments and nebs within her first month of life, she did have some lung issues though and was already culturing staph. She is now on Pulmozyme, albuterol, and hyper sal 7% mixed w/ .9% sodium chloride and has also done TOBI once for Pseudo.

It wouldn't hurt to ask your doctor. Like posted previously...it is easier if they learn and get accustomed to it from the beginning.

ashmomo

My 4 year old was diagnosed after birth and did not start on any breathing treatments til 2 years old, when she started Pulmozyme and has done that daily ever since. It has pretty much been for preventative.
Now, my 6 month old started on breathing treatments and nebs within her first month of life, she did have some lung issues though and was already culturing staph. She is now on Pulmozyme, albuterol, and hyper sal 7% mixed w/ .9% sodium chloride and has also done TOBI once for Pseudo.

It wouldn't hurt to ask your doctor. Like posted previously...it is easier if they learn and get accustomed to it from the beginning.

ashmomo

ashmomo

ashmomo

<br />Now, my 6 month old started on breathing treatments and nebs within her first month of life, she did have some lung issues though and was already culturing staph. She is now on Pulmozyme, albuterol, and hyper sal 7% mixed w/ .9% sodium chloride and has also done TOBI once for Pseudo.
<br />
<br />It wouldn't hurt to ask your doctor. Like posted previously...it is easier if they learn and get accustomed to it from the beginning.

SARAHSARAH253

Our son starting doing his nebulizer at 6 months (Pulmolzyme). I'm also glad we started early, because he is so use to it being part of our nightly routine. Also, KNOCK on wood his almost two and a half and we have yet to have had his first cold or flu. I credit alot to all the treatments we started early on. Good luck!

Sarah

Mommy to johnny 2 w/cf..bailey 1 month old no/cf

SARAHSARAH253

Our son starting doing his nebulizer at 6 months (Pulmolzyme). I'm also glad we started early, because he is so use to it being part of our nightly routine. Also, KNOCK on wood his almost two and a half and we have yet to have had his first cold or flu. I credit alot to all the treatments we started early on. Good luck!

Sarah

SARAHSARAH253

Sarah

SARAHSARAH253

Sarah

SARAHSARAH253

<br />
<br />Sarah
<br />
<br />Mommy to johnny 2 w/cf..bailey 1 month old no/cf

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
DS was diagnosed about 6 days after he was born. We started doing albuterol/atrovent nebs 4 times a day with cpt. When I went back to work when he was 3 months old, we did it 3 times a day unless he was sick.

He cultured non-mucoid pseudo at 3 months and was put on Tobi nebs. At 2 1/2 he was put on pulmozyme.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
DS was diagnosed about 6 days after he was born. We started doing albuterol/atrovent nebs 4 times a day with cpt. When I went back to work when he was 3 months old, we did it 3 times a day unless he was sick.

He cultured non-mucoid pseudo at 3 months and was put on Tobi nebs. At 2 1/2 he was put on pulmozyme.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
<br />
<br />He cultured non-mucoid pseudo at 3 months and was put on Tobi nebs. At 2 1/2 he was put on pulmozyme.

ctalbott0609

We had to ask our Dr. to let us start Paige's. She was 2 months old...roughly....when we started. I think a lot of Dr's try to take things slow, so as not to overwhelm the parents. Always ask though! Tell the Dr. you WANT to be proactive; and you want them to be too!

ctalbott0609

We had to ask our Dr. to let us start Paige's. She was 2 months old...roughly....when we started. I think a lot of Dr's try to take things slow, so as not to overwhelm the parents. Always ask though! Tell the Dr. you WANT to be proactive; and you want them to be too!

ctalbott0609

ctalbott0609

ctalbott0609