Breathing Treatments?

crickit715

my daughter was put on pulmozyme at 4 weeks and added xoepenex at 3 months...even though she didnt have any bacteria in her lungs, our doc explained that the inflammation and mucus buildup comes with cf from day one, even if they sound perfectly clear, etc... and the nebs should be used at first to help prevent alot of build up and inflammation. i know some docs dont like to use nebs until "noticable" problems arise, but i didnt like the sound of that. (but you will have alot of different opinions, as is the case with everything involving cf treatment!!!)

crickit715

my daughter was put on pulmozyme at 4 weeks and added xoepenex at 3 months...even though she didnt have any bacteria in her lungs, our doc explained that the inflammation and mucus buildup comes with cf from day one, even if they sound perfectly clear, etc... and the nebs should be used at first to help prevent alot of build up and inflammation. i know some docs dont like to use nebs until "noticable" problems arise, but i didnt like the sound of that. (but you will have alot of different opinions, as is the case with everything involving cf treatment!!!)

crickit715

crickit715

crickit715

Gnome

Ian was 3 years old when he started breathing treatments. He went for a bronchoscope and although they never found any mucus in the lungs they did find some irritation. So they started Ian on Pulmozyme once a day.

Sophie goes for the bronchoscope in a couple days. A year earlier than Ian but I will assume she will get a similar result and treatment.

Neither of my kids have ever cultured anything yet. And by breathing treatments I mean nebulizer treatments. We have been doing chest PT from day 1 of diagnosis.

Gnome

Ian was 3 years old when he started breathing treatments. He went for a bronchoscope and although they never found any mucus in the lungs they did find some irritation. So they started Ian on Pulmozyme once a day.

Sophie goes for the bronchoscope in a couple days. A year earlier than Ian but I will assume she will get a similar result and treatment.

Neither of my kids have ever cultured anything yet. And by breathing treatments I mean nebulizer treatments. We have been doing chest PT from day 1 of diagnosis.

Gnome

Gnome

Gnome

<br />
<br />Sophie goes for the bronchoscope in a couple days. A year earlier than Ian but I will assume she will get a similar result and treatment.
<br />
<br />Neither of my kids have ever cultured anything yet. And by breathing treatments I mean nebulizer treatments. We have been doing chest PT from day 1 of diagnosis.

KAC1210

Trevor was diagnosed from his elevated IRT level in july and positive sweat test in aug when he was about a month old. We then had an appointment with our CF center the first week of sept. He was started on enzymes and acid reflux medicine at that visit. The next visit in oct we mostly met with his respiratory therapist. At this time he was started on pulmozyme once a day, pulmicort twice a day and albuterol twice a day followed by CPT. He hasn't really had a cold or anything, just coughs every now and then. He has always been "juicy" sounding. People always say that he sounds congested. But his lungs are clear it is all upper respiratory. I think it had helped because he has gotten used to doing the treatments. His doc hasn't said anything about adding salt to his diet. I am going to ask at his next visit. Last month he started a vitamin supplement, SourceCF. It seems like everytime we go they add something to his routine... I would ask you doctor about it. It never hurts to ask and I dont know about you but I am really curious about everything and need reasons for everything...it may get on the docs nerves but they can deal with it.

KAC1210

Trevor was diagnosed from his elevated IRT level in july and positive sweat test in aug when he was about a month old. We then had an appointment with our CF center the first week of sept. He was started on enzymes and acid reflux medicine at that visit. The next visit in oct we mostly met with his respiratory therapist. At this time he was started on pulmozyme once a day, pulmicort twice a day and albuterol twice a day followed by CPT. He hasn't really had a cold or anything, just coughs every now and then. He has always been "juicy" sounding. People always say that he sounds congested. But his lungs are clear it is all upper respiratory. I think it had helped because he has gotten used to doing the treatments. His doc hasn't said anything about adding salt to his diet. I am going to ask at his next visit. Last month he started a vitamin supplement, SourceCF. It seems like everytime we go they add something to his routine... I would ask you doctor about it. It never hurts to ask and I dont know about you but I am really curious about everything and need reasons for everything...it may get on the docs nerves but they can deal with it.

KAC1210

KAC1210

KAC1210