bronchoscopy culture sample

Nervous1

Hi JustDance,

I'm in a similar situation. I saw a new pulmo last year after suffering from one infection after another for 6 months (no culture taken). He immediately put me on inhaled colistin and scheduled a bronchoscopy. I stopped the colistin 2 or 3 days before the bronch. Like you, my culture from the bronch didn't grow anything.

However, the pulmo says he thinks there is pseudo hiding in my lungs and thus told me to continue the colistin and to treat exaccerbations with Cipro.

Nervous1

Hi JustDance,

I'm in a similar situation. I saw a new pulmo last year after suffering from one infection after another for 6 months (no culture taken). He immediately put me on inhaled colistin and scheduled a bronchoscopy. I stopped the colistin 2 or 3 days before the bronch. Like you, my culture from the bronch didn't grow anything.

However, the pulmo says he thinks there is pseudo hiding in my lungs and thus told me to continue the colistin and to treat exaccerbations with Cipro.

Nervous1

Hi JustDance,

Nervous1

Hi JustDance,

Nervous1

Hi JustDance,
<br />
<br />I'm in a similar situation. I saw a new pulmo last year after suffering from one infection after another for 6 months (no culture taken). He immediately put me on inhaled colistin and scheduled a bronchoscopy. I stopped the colistin 2 or 3 days before the bronch. Like you, my culture from the bronch didn't grow anything.
<br />
<br />However, the pulmo says he thinks there is pseudo hiding in my lungs and thus told me to continue the colistin and to treat exaccerbations with Cipro.