bruising

chevbacher

Hi.I am a first timer here.my baby, 2 years old with CF bruises incredibly easily and badly.anyone have this problem?any suggestions?Chev

chevbacher

Hi.I am a first timer here.my baby, 2 years old with CF bruises incredibly easily and badly.anyone have this problem?any suggestions?Chev

chevbacher

chevbacher

chevbacher

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
I'm assuming your child has had vitamin levels checked and is on some sort of CF vitamin? Do you think it's excessive bruising or is your child like mine and plays pretty hard.

I noticed DS had several recent bruises on his shins and other areas, but he plays outside on the snow banks at his daycare, is in gymnastics and skating...

You could either contact your clinic if it's a major concern or make note of it and bring it up at your child's next clinic apppointment. I keep a running list of questions/items in our computer and print it off along with his drug list prior to each appointment.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
I'm assuming your child has had vitamin levels checked and is on some sort of CF vitamin? Do you think it's excessive bruising or is your child like mine and plays pretty hard.

I noticed DS had several recent bruises on his shins and other areas, but he plays outside on the snow banks at his daycare, is in gymnastics and skating...

You could either contact your clinic if it's a major concern or make note of it and bring it up at your child's next clinic apppointment. I keep a running list of questions/items in our computer and print it off along with his drug list prior to each appointment.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
<br />
<br />I noticed DS had several recent bruises on his shins and other areas, but he plays outside on the snow banks at his daycare, is in gymnastics and skating...
<br />
<br />You could either contact your clinic if it's a major concern or make note of it and bring it up at your child's next clinic apppointment. I keep a running list of questions/items in our computer and print it off along with his drug list prior to each appointment.

T

TonyaH

My first thought was vitamin level, too. I believe bruising is a sign of a vitamin K deficiency.

T

TonyaH

My first thought was vitamin level, too. I believe bruising is a sign of a vitamin K deficiency.

T

TonyaH

T

TonyaH

T

TonyaH

hmw

Vitamin levels seem the most likely culprit to me too. However, it can also be caused by liver problems (which can be cf-related) or various medications. I would talk to his doctor about all meds he is on (esp. non-cf ones, if any) & ask if his lft's have been done ...they should be done at least yearly along with his vitamin levels and everything else.

hmw

Vitamin levels seem the most likely culprit to me too. However, it can also be caused by liver problems (which can be cf-related) or various medications. I would talk to his doctor about all meds he is on (esp. non-cf ones, if any) & ask if his lft's have been done ...they should be done at least yearly along with his vitamin levels and everything else.

hmw

hmw

hmw