Bugs in sinuses

Pianist

I know CF can allow bugs to colonize the lungs. Have any of you heard of CF allowing bugs to colozine and set up camp in the sinuses? Also, is it bacteria of can CF enable viruses and fungi also? Can CF enable bacteria that are unaffected by common anti-biotics? Two years ago I started having this pain sensation in my head that's like a sinus infection.. urgent care gave me an antibiotic..no effect. The pain has been constant for 2 years. Since then I've seen an ENT who did a sinus CT, and endoscopy..said sinuses were clear. When I asked him if I have sinusitis he gave me a strange response saying that "keep in mind this is just a snapshot of right now". He also said he could do sinus surgery "if I wanted" where he turns the individual sinuses into one big hole. Wierd. Have you guys heard of having sinusitis but getting a clear sinus CT and endoscopy? (I've also had an MRI)

Pianist

I know CF can allow bugs to colonize the lungs. Have any of you heard of CF allowing bugs to colozine and set up camp in the sinuses? Also, is it bacteria of can CF enable viruses and fungi also? Can CF enable bacteria that are unaffected by common anti-biotics? Two years ago I started having this pain sensation in my head that's like a sinus infection.. urgent care gave me an antibiotic..no effect. The pain has been constant for 2 years. Since then I've seen an ENT who did a sinus CT, and endoscopy..said sinuses were clear. When I asked him if I have sinusitis he gave me a strange response saying that "keep in mind this is just a snapshot of right now". He also said he could do sinus surgery "if I wanted" where he turns the individual sinuses into one big hole. Wierd. Have you guys heard of having sinusitis but getting a clear sinus CT and endoscopy? (I've also had an MRI)

Pianist

Pianist

Pianist

blindhearted

yes, CF bugs can grow into your sinuses. I have the same bug in my lungs as well as sinus. I have never heard of sinus problems with a clear CT and endoscopy but still talking about sinus surgery. Personally I would not get sinus surgery if things look clear. Have you thought that your pain might be from something else? Like tension or migraine headaches, trigger points, out of line verabra in the neck? I have terrible sinus problems. I have had 2 sinus surgeries and neither went very well. It actually made my problems worse. I have had extra "holes" drilled into my sinuses. As I said, problems got worse. I would probably go to a neurologiest (I think is who you would see) to be evaluated for migraines. I went for possible carpel tunnel but came across the discovery that I had migraines.

blindhearted

yes, CF bugs can grow into your sinuses. I have the same bug in my lungs as well as sinus. I have never heard of sinus problems with a clear CT and endoscopy but still talking about sinus surgery. Personally I would not get sinus surgery if things look clear. Have you thought that your pain might be from something else? Like tension or migraine headaches, trigger points, out of line verabra in the neck? I have terrible sinus problems. I have had 2 sinus surgeries and neither went very well. It actually made my problems worse. I have had extra "holes" drilled into my sinuses. As I said, problems got worse. I would probably go to a neurologiest (I think is who you would see) to be evaluated for migraines. I went for possible carpel tunnel but came across the discovery that I had migraines.

blindhearted

blindhearted

blindhearted

JazzysMom

I would seek care or at least consult a chiropractor. Sinuses, gallbladder & even lung function can be affected by a slight misalignement. Even accupunture, tho I havent found the courgae myself, has been known to supply comfort to the typically untreated or unknown problems.

Good Luck!

JazzysMom

I would seek care or at least consult a chiropractor. Sinuses, gallbladder & even lung function can be affected by a slight misalignement. Even accupunture, tho I havent found the courgae myself, has been known to supply comfort to the typically untreated or unknown problems.

Good Luck!

JazzysMom

Good Luck!

JazzysMom

Good Luck!

JazzysMom

Good Luck!