Calling all adults with CFRD....

Snoogaloo

I'm 20 and was diagnosed with CFRD at the age of 18. I was only told to cut out sugary sodas and also juice from my diet. This was a little tough at first but it was quite easy to get used to. The most important thing I believe is to get your child an insulin pump if possible. I got mine after about 6 months of having CFRD and noticed a WORLD of difference. I feel it is essential for a person with CF seeing as how much we need to be eating. In addition to that it will save your child from having to take shots, which for me was the biggest inconvenience ever. After I got my pump I really didn't mind having CFRD. I hope things turn out okay for you guys.

Snoogaloo

I'm 20 and was diagnosed with CFRD at the age of 18. I was only told to cut out sugary sodas and also juice from my diet. This was a little tough at first but it was quite easy to get used to. The most important thing I believe is to get your child an insulin pump if possible. I got mine after about 6 months of having CFRD and noticed a WORLD of difference. I feel it is essential for a person with CF seeing as how much we need to be eating. In addition to that it will save your child from having to take shots, which for me was the biggest inconvenience ever. After I got my pump I really didn't mind having CFRD. I hope things turn out okay for you guys.

Snoogaloo

Snoogaloo

Snoogaloo

barbc888

I developed CFRD at the age of 13. I take Lantus, a long-acting insulin that works for 23 hours straight. I test my blood sugars about 8-10 times per day, which helps keep everything in good control.

I was told to treat my CF first, and then the diabetes. In other words, if your son wants a milky way bar, let him have it and then adjust his insulin to accommodate the higher blood sugar. But focus more on proteins... they're healthy and have helped me gain weight and keep my blood sugars stable. If he does have diabetes it will be a learning experience for you both, but you'll have it down in no time. Good luck!

barbc888

I developed CFRD at the age of 13. I take Lantus, a long-acting insulin that works for 23 hours straight. I test my blood sugars about 8-10 times per day, which helps keep everything in good control.

I was told to treat my CF first, and then the diabetes. In other words, if your son wants a milky way bar, let him have it and then adjust his insulin to accommodate the higher blood sugar. But focus more on proteins... they're healthy and have helped me gain weight and keep my blood sugars stable. If he does have diabetes it will be a learning experience for you both, but you'll have it down in no time. Good luck!

barbc888

barbc888

barbc888

C

Cutecurlz

I was diagnosed last year (July/06) I was 38. I do nothing for my CFRD. All I had to really do was cut back on my pop intake. And as of last month while at work I've noticed that my BS go down. So now I have to take Ensure everyday to keep them normal.

I was diagnosed with CF at 3 yrs young!

C

Cutecurlz

I was diagnosed last year (July/06) I was 38. I do nothing for my CFRD. All I had to really do was cut back on my pop intake. And as of last month while at work I've noticed that my BS go down. So now I have to take Ensure everyday to keep them normal.

C

Cutecurlz

C

Cutecurlz

C

Cutecurlz