Camping

mum2kj

you could do your nebs in the car as you said and then do exercise with periods of huffing and coughing.

Could you rent a generator so that you could use your vest?

mum2kj

you could do your nebs in the car as you said and then do exercise with periods of huffing and coughing.

mum2kj

mum2kj

robert321

i go camping all the time and have a good time doing it, just because you have cf doesn't mean you can't do things like camp, you just have to get creative.

First, if you camp in a state or national park a lot of times you can arrange to take your car to one of those rv hookups that have electricity to them already to do vest and so forth, the park rangers are typically very cooperative with it.

Second, you can buy an inverter for your car, get a bigger one, at least as many watts as your vest, you're probably best off to run it directly off your battery on your car, have the engine running or you'll kill the battery for sure, it's still hard on the alternator and battery but not as much, you can do the vest in the car, not very conveinent but it works none the less, i do it a lot when i can't get to an RV outlet.

Just talk to the park rangers and explain that you need electricity for medical equipment and they can usually get you to some. If you are camping out of a state/national park you obviously can't go ask the park ranger, so it'll be easist to do the inverter thing in the car.

I hope you are able to continue to camp and enjoy the outdoors as i hope to do for years to come. Don't let cf define you, but at the same time don't ignore so a campfire might not be a good thing for you to be too close to, it makes my face swell up till i have squinted eyes, but enjoy it anyway.

robert321

i go camping all the time and have a good time doing it, just because you have cf doesn't mean you can't do things like camp, you just have to get creative.

First, if you camp in a state or national park a lot of times you can arrange to take your car to one of those rv hookups that have electricity to them already to do vest and so forth, the park rangers are typically very cooperative with it.

Second, you can buy an inverter for your car, get a bigger one, at least as many watts as your vest, you're probably best off to run it directly off your battery on your car, have the engine running or you'll kill the battery for sure, it's still hard on the alternator and battery but not as much, you can do the vest in the car, not very conveinent but it works none the less, i do it a lot when i can't get to an RV outlet.

Just talk to the park rangers and explain that you need electricity for medical equipment and they can usually get you to some. If you are camping out of a state/national park you obviously can't go ask the park ranger, so it'll be easist to do the inverter thing in the car.

I hope you are able to continue to camp and enjoy the outdoors as i hope to do for years to come. Don't let cf define you, but at the same time don't ignore so a campfire might not be a good thing for you to be too close to, it makes my face swell up till i have squinted eyes, but enjoy it anyway.

robert321

robert321

robert321

robert321

Sunnie

Camping is definitely possible. I've been camping since I can remember. And I don't have tip top lung function. At first my grandfather would pack a generator for me to use for my pulmo-aide. Now I have a portable one that I just pack batteries for. I don't camp alone so whomever goes with me knows that he/she is in charge of my CPT (beating). I also tend to camp along the coast line (don't know if that's possible for you). It seems to aide in the bringing crap up process.

Sunnie

Camping is definitely possible. I've been camping since I can remember. And I don't have tip top lung function. At first my grandfather would pack a generator for me to use for my pulmo-aide. Now I have a portable one that I just pack batteries for. I don't camp alone so whomever goes with me knows that he/she is in charge of my CPT (beating). I also tend to camp along the coast line (don't know if that's possible for you). It seems to aide in the bringing crap up process.

Sunnie

Sunnie

Sunnie

Sunnie

lightNlife

Thank you for bringing up this topic, and for the answers! I have been trying to talk my husband into going camping or something (he never did it as a kid) but I've been concerned about all the CF stuff. When I was a kid and we went camping my parents were the ones to figure out how to make it work. And if I got too sick, we'd just come home! (Mostly we camped at the beach).

This is such an encouraging post. This opens up a whole new realm of activities for us to share. With our wedding anniversary coming up in just 10 days, maybe I'll see if we can celebrate by buying a tent! Yay!

lightNlife

Thank you for bringing up this topic, and for the answers! I have been trying to talk my husband into going camping or something (he never did it as a kid) but I've been concerned about all the CF stuff. When I was a kid and we went camping my parents were the ones to figure out how to make it work. And if I got too sick, we'd just come home! (Mostly we camped at the beach).

This is such an encouraging post. This opens up a whole new realm of activities for us to share. With our wedding anniversary coming up in just 10 days, maybe I'll see if we can celebrate by buying a tent! Yay!

lightNlife

lightNlife