Can two people with cf date?

dogsrule

Hey I've been wondering on that, Can a guy w/cf and a girl w/cf date? I always thought that you couldn't date someone els with cf. Can someone please help me on this?

dogsrule

Hey I've been wondering on that, Can a guy w/cf and a girl w/cf date? I always thought that you couldn't date someone els with cf. Can someone please help me on this?

dogsrule

Alessia2dance

I dont' think it's a great idea for two cfers to date just because I've been told and shouldn't even come 3 ft of a person with cf if I now they have it. I was told that by my clinic. I really don't know. My personal opinion is if you fall in love with someone it doesn't matter the consequences, but to each is own. There is a touching story about two cf patients that did date in "chicken soup for the teenage soul" I'm pretty sure that's the book.

Alessia2dance

I dont' think it's a great idea for two cfers to date just because I've been told and shouldn't even come 3 ft of a person with cf if I now they have it. I was told that by my clinic. I really don't know. My personal opinion is if you fall in love with someone it doesn't matter the consequences, but to each is own. There is a touching story about two cf patients that did date in "chicken soup for the teenage soul" I'm pretty sure that's the book.

Alessia2dance

Emily65Roses

The CFF and your clinic will tell you to keep away from CFers, for fear of cross-contamination. You can pass on bugs like pseudomonas, etc.

However, it is, in my opinion, a personal decision. If you absolutely fall in love with someone with CF, I think love overrules. There are CF siblings and CF cousins and stuff, and they see each other. Obviously CF siblings get within 3 feet of each other, and often. The one thing you have to be aware of when going into a relationship with a fellow CFer is that you have to be willing to live with whatever bugs they have, and that they're willing to have whatever bugs you have. Because you most likely will share them.

But, like I said. It's a personal decision. If it's a risk you're willing to take, then do it. I myself have never dated someone with CF, but I wouldn't count it out if I met someone with CF that I fell for. I do have CF friends, and I don't just mean online. I visit with some. The CFF and your clinic will also tell you not to hang out with CFers in person, even just as friends. But it's really your choice. I myself have done it, and will continue to do it. But that's a choice I've made, and I know the risks by doing it. So long as everyone involved knows the risks beforehand, and you're willing to take them, then I say go for it. But many will disagree with me.

Emily65Roses

The CFF and your clinic will tell you to keep away from CFers, for fear of cross-contamination. You can pass on bugs like pseudomonas, etc.

However, it is, in my opinion, a personal decision. If you absolutely fall in love with someone with CF, I think love overrules. There are CF siblings and CF cousins and stuff, and they see each other. Obviously CF siblings get within 3 feet of each other, and often. The one thing you have to be aware of when going into a relationship with a fellow CFer is that you have to be willing to live with whatever bugs they have, and that they're willing to have whatever bugs you have. Because you most likely will share them.

But, like I said. It's a personal decision. If it's a risk you're willing to take, then do it. I myself have never dated someone with CF, but I wouldn't count it out if I met someone with CF that I fell for. I do have CF friends, and I don't just mean online. I visit with some. The CFF and your clinic will also tell you not to hang out with CFers in person, even just as friends. But it's really your choice. I myself have done it, and will continue to do it. But that's a choice I've made, and I know the risks by doing it. So long as everyone involved knows the risks beforehand, and you're willing to take them, then I say go for it. But many will disagree with me.

Emily65Roses

brilh5

i dont think you should. because my doctors always tell me to not be int he same room or close to another cf student adn if you date you can give eachother bad infections so no probely not

brilh5

i dont think you should. because my doctors always tell me to not be int he same room or close to another cf student adn if you date you can give eachother bad infections so no probely not

brilh5