can you BECOME pancreatic sufficient?

MicheleGazelle

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>fuddlynn</b></i>
I too would be interested to know if the thick sticky mucos could possibly be reversed that causes the PI as that would provide me tremendous hope.
</end quote></div>

My opinion:
Thick, sticky mucus is due to inadequate nutritional support for healthy mucus. Mucus is supposed to be thin and slimy, not thick and sticky. Adequate water and adequate amounts of healthy salt can help change the consistency of mucus to what it is supposed to be. One of the things I did was switch to sea salt. For some months, I took fairly high quantities of it. Initially, I coughed up a lot of stuff and had a lot of diarrhea. Now that my mucus production is healthier, I am generally healthier.

Mucus lines the entire gut, not just the respiratory system. So supporting the healthy production of mucus didn't just help my gut issues. It also helped my respiratory issues. I believe that inadequate production of healthy mucus is one of the primary pathways to infection in people with CF. Mucus is supposed to coat the mucus membranes. My understanding is that, when dry, mucus membranes are more vulnerable to infection than other tissues.

My son was able to get off digestive enzymes largely by switching to sea salt and eliminating yeast from his diet. He was in a lot better shape than I was. On top of sea salt and limiting yeast in the diet, I also had to have glyconutrients and coconut oil before I was able to get off. Prior to that, I had spent many months on a yeast elimination diet to try to clean up my gut after having been on a lot of medication. Part of what I did for that: Ate organic yogurt twice a day and ate a big helping of lettuce at least 5 days a week.

MicheleGazelle

I too would be interested to know if the thick sticky mucos could possibly be reversed that causes the PI as that would provide me tremendous hope.
</end quote></div>

My opinion:
Thick, sticky mucus is due to inadequate nutritional support for healthy mucus. Mucus is supposed to be thin and slimy, not thick and sticky. Adequate water and adequate amounts of healthy salt can help change the consistency of mucus to what it is supposed to be. One of the things I did was switch to sea salt. For some months, I took fairly high quantities of it. Initially, I coughed up a lot of stuff and had a lot of diarrhea. Now that my mucus production is healthier, I am generally healthier.

Mucus lines the entire gut, not just the respiratory system. So supporting the healthy production of mucus didn't just help my gut issues. It also helped my respiratory issues. I believe that inadequate production of healthy mucus is one of the primary pathways to infection in people with CF. Mucus is supposed to coat the mucus membranes. My understanding is that, when dry, mucus membranes are more vulnerable to infection than other tissues.

My son was able to get off digestive enzymes largely by switching to sea salt and eliminating yeast from his diet. He was in a lot better shape than I was. On top of sea salt and limiting yeast in the diet, I also had to have glyconutrients and coconut oil before I was able to get off. Prior to that, I had spent many months on a yeast elimination diet to try to clean up my gut after having been on a lot of medication. Part of what I did for that: Ate organic yogurt twice a day and ate a big helping of lettuce at least 5 days a week.

MicheleGazelle

</end quote></div>

My opinion:

MicheleGazelle

</end quote>

My opinion:

MicheleGazelle

<br /> I too would be interested to know if the thick sticky mucos could possibly be reversed that causes the PI as that would provide me tremendous hope.
<br /></end quote>
<br />
<br />My opinion:
<br />Thick, sticky mucus is due to inadequate nutritional support for healthy mucus. Mucus is supposed to be thin and slimy, not thick and sticky. Adequate water and adequate amounts of healthy salt can help change the consistency of mucus to what it is supposed to be. One of the things I did was switch to sea salt. For some months, I took fairly high quantities of it. Initially, I coughed up a lot of stuff and had a lot of diarrhea. Now that my mucus production is healthier, I am generally healthier.
<br />
<br />Mucus lines the entire gut, not just the respiratory system. So supporting the healthy production of mucus didn't just help my gut issues. It also helped my respiratory issues. I believe that inadequate production of healthy mucus is one of the primary pathways to infection in people with CF. Mucus is supposed to coat the mucus membranes. My understanding is that, when dry, mucus membranes are more vulnerable to infection than other tissues.
<br />
<br />My son was able to get off digestive enzymes largely by switching to sea salt and eliminating yeast from his diet. He was in a lot better shape than I was. On top of sea salt and limiting yeast in the diet, I also had to have glyconutrients and coconut oil before I was able to get off. Prior to that, I had spent many months on a yeast elimination diet to try to clean up my gut after having been on a lot of medication. Part of what I did for that: Ate organic yogurt twice a day and ate a big helping of lettuce at least 5 days a week.

ymikhale

I know that babies can change their pancreatic status: ma daughter when she was born had fecal elastase of 60 and a year later it was at 450 (almost normal person's)

ymikhale

I know that babies can change their pancreatic status: ma daughter when she was born had fecal elastase of 60 and a year later it was at 450 (almost normal person's)

ymikhale

ymikhale

ymikhale