Catching MAC from your shower head

AnD

Oh great- does Lysol kill it, or is the biofilm on the inside of the faucets/showerheads? I spray the shower at the locker room (including the showerhead, thought I was just being quirky -ha, yay for quirky, lol).

AnD

Oh great- does Lysol kill it, or is the biofilm on the inside of the faucets/showerheads? I spray the shower at the locker room (including the showerhead, thought I was just being quirky -ha, yay for quirky, lol).

AnD

AnD

AnD

folione

On the one hand, I'm all for this sort of research if it helps us single out health risks but think we have to not leap to worried conclusions. It sounds like this study is not only a very small sample, but that the sample consists of households where NTM is already known to exist in at least one person..To my mind this is not an adequately representative sample of all houses for me to think it means ntm is in 80% of everyone's plumbing..those houses who sent in samples could have some problem/environmental issue that is uncommon.

Meanwhile, a while back I removed the aerators from all our faucets because I noticed one had black stuff forming in its crevices and they're impossible to clean with any regularity; and I always make sure to drain the hand-shower line after every use and take it apart for cleaning when the holes start looking dirty...so just because I'm skeptical of some research results does not mean I'm not paranoid.

folione

On the one hand, I'm all for this sort of research if it helps us single out health risks but think we have to not leap to worried conclusions. It sounds like this study is not only a very small sample, but that the sample consists of households where NTM is already known to exist in at least one person..To my mind this is not an adequately representative sample of all houses for me to think it means ntm is in 80% of everyone's plumbing..those houses who sent in samples could have some problem/environmental issue that is uncommon.

Meanwhile, a while back I removed the aerators from all our faucets because I noticed one had black stuff forming in its crevices and they're impossible to clean with any regularity; and I always make sure to drain the hand-shower line after every use and take it apart for cleaning when the holes start looking dirty...so just because I'm skeptical of some research results does not mean I'm not paranoid.

folione

folione

folione

<br />
<br />Meanwhile, a while back I removed the aerators from all our faucets because I noticed one had black stuff forming in its crevices and they're impossible to clean with any regularity; and I always make sure to drain the hand-shower line after every use and take it apart for cleaning when the holes start looking dirty...so just because I'm skeptical of some research results does not mean I'm not paranoid.

CaliSally

Like I posted in the gardening thread:

GERMS ARE EVERYWHERE - you can't out run them, you can't get rid of them. There are no guarantees that even if you stay away from all these things, you won't get the bug.

Why worry yourself sick over everything?!?! Take the normal precautions and go on enjoying life.

CaliSally

GERMS ARE EVERYWHERE - you can't out run them, you can't get rid of them. There are no guarantees that even if you stay away from all these things, you won't get the bug.

Why worry yourself sick over everything?!?! Take the normal precautions and go on enjoying life.

CaliSally

CaliSally

CaliSally

<br />
<br />GERMS ARE EVERYWHERE - you can't out run them, you can't get rid of them. There are no guarantees that even if you stay away from all these things, you won't get the bug.
<br />
<br />Why worry yourself sick over everything?!?! Take the normal precautions and go on enjoying life.