Cayston users

AimeeSue82

I've been alternating Cayston and Tobi now for about 6 months (3 of each drug) and every time I've received my new 28 day supply of Cayston, Foundation Care Pharmacy sends me a new Altera handset. Is everyone getting this? What do we do with the old ones? I hate to just throw them out with the fancy pants areosol head. But I've not been told to return them or anything either. What is everyone else doing?

~Aimee, 27 CF w/ PA & MRSA

AimeeSue82

I've been alternating Cayston and Tobi now for about 6 months (3 of each drug) and every time I've received my new 28 day supply of Cayston, Foundation Care Pharmacy sends me a new Altera handset. Is everyone getting this? What do we do with the old ones? I hate to just throw them out with the fancy pants areosol head. But I've not been told to return them or anything either. What is everyone else doing?

~Aimee, 27 CF w/ PA & MRSA

AimeeSue82

<br />
<br />~Aimee, 27 CF w/ PA & MRSA

pipersmom

I think I originally saw the idea on here, what we do is use three each cycle..one for each treatment, then just have to sterilize them all at night. I think the easiest way to explain..on Piper's second cycle, is when we had the 3 handsets. I numbered her original 1., one extra 2., and one extra 3. She'll start her third cycle next month, when that set comes, I'll throw away handset 1., and label the new one 4. I hope that makes sense...I just really love only dealing with the sterilization once a day!

pipersmom

I think I originally saw the idea on here, what we do is use three each cycle..one for each treatment, then just have to sterilize them all at night. I think the easiest way to explain..on Piper's second cycle, is when we had the 3 handsets. I numbered her original 1., one extra 2., and one extra 3. She'll start her third cycle next month, when that set comes, I'll throw away handset 1., and label the new one 4. I hope that makes sense...I just really love only dealing with the sterilization once a day!

pipersmom

rubyroselee

I will alternate between two of them so that they are completely dry before using them again and/or I will use it to nebulize my tobramycin.

rubyroselee

I will alternate between two of them so that they are completely dry before using them again and/or I will use it to nebulize my tobramycin.

rubyroselee

cf4life

"I will use it to nebulize my tobramycin.", "I use my old handsets for the HTS...."

So I guess you guys are not buying into any difference between the altera and trio and the "for cayston only"

I have been tempted to use my extras for HTS as well, but have not made the jump yet, as I am still on the fence of believing if there is any differences in the heads of the trio and altera.

cf4life

"I will use it to nebulize my tobramycin.", "I use my old handsets for the HTS...."

So I guess you guys are not buying into any difference between the altera and trio and the "for cayston only"

I have been tempted to use my extras for HTS as well, but have not made the jump yet, as I am still on the fence of believing if there is any differences in the heads of the trio and altera.

cf4life

<br />
<br />So I guess you guys are not buying into any difference between the altera and trio and the "for cayston only"
<br />
<br />I have been tempted to use my extras for HTS as well, but have not made the jump yet, as I am still on the fence of believing if there is any differences in the heads of the trio and altera.

rubyroselee

cf4life...
There is a difference between the Trio and Altera <b>metal </b>heads. But there is no difference between the <b>plastic </b>pieces. I am only referring to interchanging the plastic pieces with my Tobramycin and Cayston.

rubyroselee

cf4life...
There is a difference between the Trio and Altera <b>metal </b>heads. But there is no difference between the <b>plastic </b>pieces. I am only referring to interchanging the plastic pieces with my Tobramycin and Cayston.