cf and bed wetting/frequent urination

dswilson67

Does he drink alot, thirsty all the time? I would think about doing the glucose test, just to rule out diabetes.

He also just may be one of those kids that have to grow out of it eventually.

(((((HUGS)))))))

dswilson67

Does he drink alot, thirsty all the time? I would think about doing the glucose test, just to rule out diabetes.

(((((HUGS)))))))

dswilson67

(((((HUGS)))))))

dswilson67

(((((HUGS)))))))

dswilson67

<br />
<br />He also just may be one of those kids that have to grow out of it eventually.
<br />
<br />(((((HUGS)))))))

mistylavon

Hi there - My older daughter will be 6 in December and she does not have CF but she does have a urination problem. She still wears a pull up at night too. The doc has checked her urine and blood test to to check glucose too. We ended up having to go to a pediatric urologist because she has an overactive bladder and she has to take Detrol LA for this problem. She does much better on the medication during the daytime but before getting on the medication the amount of times she was having to go to the bathroom was like a handicap to our day it was so much. Sometimes she still goes alot but much less than before. We've tried taking her off of the medication 2 times and within about 3 wks. we have to put her right back on it. He said it could be something she grows out of soon or it could be a long time, we'll just have to keep trying. She never wets herself during the day, she just has the sensation she has to go all the time and then relaxes enough at night to really soak her pull up. I buy the thicker night time pull-ups for her.

HTH! Let me know if you have any more questions about this.

mistylavon

Hi there - My older daughter will be 6 in December and she does not have CF but she does have a urination problem. She still wears a pull up at night too. The doc has checked her urine and blood test to to check glucose too. We ended up having to go to a pediatric urologist because she has an overactive bladder and she has to take Detrol LA for this problem. She does much better on the medication during the daytime but before getting on the medication the amount of times she was having to go to the bathroom was like a handicap to our day it was so much. Sometimes she still goes alot but much less than before. We've tried taking her off of the medication 2 times and within about 3 wks. we have to put her right back on it. He said it could be something she grows out of soon or it could be a long time, we'll just have to keep trying. She never wets herself during the day, she just has the sensation she has to go all the time and then relaxes enough at night to really soak her pull up. I buy the thicker night time pull-ups for her.

mistylavon

mistylavon

mistylavon

<br />
<br />HTH! Let me know if you have any more questions about this.
<br />

CFHockeyMom

Here's a link to an old thread about the same thing...

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.cysticfibrosis.com/messageview.cfm?catid=6&threadid=13902&highlight_key=y&keyword1=bed%20wetting">http://forums.cysticfibrosis.c...keyword1=bed%20wetting</a>

CFHockeyMom

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.cysticfibrosis.com/messageview.cfm?catid=6&threadid=13902&highlight_key=y&keyword1=bed%20wetting">http://forums.cysticfibrosis.c...keyword1=bed%20wetting</a>

CFHockeyMom

CFHockeyMom

CFHockeyMom

<br />
<br /><a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.cysticfibrosis.com/messageview.cfm?catid=6&threadid=13902&highlight_key=y&keyword1=bed%20wetting">http://forums.cysticfibrosis.c...keyword1=bed%20wetting</a>
<br />
<br />

fourkidsmom

Boy, can I relate to this one...... My son gets night feedng thu the night for 9 hours- so I think it has to do with that too. But he is soaked in the morning. His p.j's, his bed- which I put down plastic now to save the mattress and I use bedpads on his bed and they are soaked. The sheets need washed every day. It just seems to be getting worse than better. He is 7.

Then my 5 yr old girl who is still in diapers and wears pull-ups at night is also soaked in the morning. I am tired of having two soaked kids in the morning. ug.........

Fourkidsmom

fourkidsmom

Boy, can I relate to this one...... My son gets night feedng thu the night for 9 hours- so I think it has to do with that too. But he is soaked in the morning. His p.j's, his bed- which I put down plastic now to save the mattress and I use bedpads on his bed and they are soaked. The sheets need washed every day. It just seems to be getting worse than better. He is 7.

Then my 5 yr old girl who is still in diapers and wears pull-ups at night is also soaked in the morning. I am tired of having two soaked kids in the morning. ug.........

Fourkidsmom

fourkidsmom

Fourkidsmom

fourkidsmom

Fourkidsmom

fourkidsmom

<br />
<br />Then my 5 yr old girl who is still in diapers and wears pull-ups at night is also soaked in the morning. I am tired of having two soaked kids in the morning. ug.........
<br />
<br />Fourkidsmom