CF and Sleep Apnea??

stillkicking

I too take amnitriptyline (sorry slaughtered the spelling on that) I also take Valerin, an herbal supplement that seems to help me and the people I've talked to sleep deeper when we do sleep. I feel your frustration and hope you find some answers.

stillkicking

I too take amnitriptyline (sorry slaughtered the spelling on that) I also take Valerin, an herbal supplement that seems to help me and the people I've talked to sleep deeper when we do sleep. I feel your frustration and hope you find some answers.

stillkicking

stillkicking

stillkicking

Sweetness81

Thanks for your replies. I was on seroquel about 300mg a night! But because of my 3rd sinus surgery in 2006 I have a fear of sleeping. I woke up gasping for air, and had to be put on o2 for 5 hours because my brain wasnt telling my lungs to breathe on there own. My blood pressure dropped to 86/54. The dr.s had to take it twice thinking that the bp machine was wrong. Nope it wasnt. I still do have my tonsils. Although my dr. says that they are large from dealing with so many respiratory infections. My throat is often pretty swollen because of that. I have taken alot of sleep aids, but none really work. I am still learning to deal with my fear of sleeping. The melatonin plus with the amitryptaline does put me to sleep but takes about two hours to kick in and I wake up frequently through out the night. I wake up so tired the next morning. I honestly dont remember the last good nights sleep that Ive had. Probably been at least 4-5 years ago? Something like that. Does anyone know if cf causes the need for more sleep than people who dont have it?

Thanks for responding. I will keep everyone posted.

Sweetness81

Thanks for your replies. I was on seroquel about 300mg a night! But because of my 3rd sinus surgery in 2006 I have a fear of sleeping. I woke up gasping for air, and had to be put on o2 for 5 hours because my brain wasnt telling my lungs to breathe on there own. My blood pressure dropped to 86/54. The dr.s had to take it twice thinking that the bp machine was wrong. Nope it wasnt. I still do have my tonsils. Although my dr. says that they are large from dealing with so many respiratory infections. My throat is often pretty swollen because of that. I have taken alot of sleep aids, but none really work. I am still learning to deal with my fear of sleeping. The melatonin plus with the amitryptaline does put me to sleep but takes about two hours to kick in and I wake up frequently through out the night. I wake up so tired the next morning. I honestly dont remember the last good nights sleep that Ive had. Probably been at least 4-5 years ago? Something like that. Does anyone know if cf causes the need for more sleep than people who dont have it?

Sweetness81

Sweetness81

Sweetness81

<br />
<br />Thanks for responding. I will keep everyone posted.

Alys1987

I've been having a lot of problems in my sleep at night. Every time I've been in the hospital in the past little over a year my oxygen has dropped at night. I knwo what it feels like when my oxygen drops at night and I told my dr I hink it's doing it again. I wake up drenched in sweat, my boyfriend says I take deep breaths or gasp for air, and when I wake up my head and the back of my neck hurt and I see black when I stand up, like seeing stars but totally black. I told my dr and he's concerned. I go back January 12th, if I'm still having problems he said it's possible that I can do a sleep study at home where someone comes to my house and studies me. Have you done one at home? I don't know how well a sleep clinic one would work because you're not in your natural habitat, that's why I like that I might be able to do one at home.

I have a fear of sleep. I used to think that I was going to die in my sleep because my oxgygen drops. I told my dr this the last time I was in the hospital because they noticed I was sleeping weird hours. I would sleep during the day because I felt safe because I felt like there was more people there who would notice if my oxygen dropped. I don't know, I'm always tired, maybe a cf thing? Maybe the oxygen droppign in my sleep not giving me good sleep? I'm anemic so that doesn't help with being tired. I do notice that I sleep better and more normal hours when I tak my iron.

Just push for a sleep study, keep track of your sleep, and maybe try some stuff to relax before bed to ease the anxiety.

Alys1987

I've been having a lot of problems in my sleep at night. Every time I've been in the hospital in the past little over a year my oxygen has dropped at night. I knwo what it feels like when my oxygen drops at night and I told my dr I hink it's doing it again. I wake up drenched in sweat, my boyfriend says I take deep breaths or gasp for air, and when I wake up my head and the back of my neck hurt and I see black when I stand up, like seeing stars but totally black. I told my dr and he's concerned. I go back January 12th, if I'm still having problems he said it's possible that I can do a sleep study at home where someone comes to my house and studies me. Have you done one at home? I don't know how well a sleep clinic one would work because you're not in your natural habitat, that's why I like that I might be able to do one at home.

I have a fear of sleep. I used to think that I was going to die in my sleep because my oxgygen drops. I told my dr this the last time I was in the hospital because they noticed I was sleeping weird hours. I would sleep during the day because I felt safe because I felt like there was more people there who would notice if my oxygen dropped. I don't know, I'm always tired, maybe a cf thing? Maybe the oxygen droppign in my sleep not giving me good sleep? I'm anemic so that doesn't help with being tired. I do notice that I sleep better and more normal hours when I tak my iron.

Just push for a sleep study, keep track of your sleep, and maybe try some stuff to relax before bed to ease the anxiety.

Alys1987

Alys1987

Alys1987

<br />
<br />I have a fear of sleep. I used to think that I was going to die in my sleep because my oxgygen drops. I told my dr this the last time I was in the hospital because they noticed I was sleeping weird hours. I would sleep during the day because I felt safe because I felt like there was more people there who would notice if my oxygen dropped. I don't know, I'm always tired, maybe a cf thing? Maybe the oxygen droppign in my sleep not giving me good sleep? I'm anemic so that doesn't help with being tired. I do notice that I sleep better and more normal hours when I tak my iron.
<br />
<br />Just push for a sleep study, keep track of your sleep, and maybe try some stuff to relax before bed to ease the anxiety.